Last Monday we were able to move into our house AND get all our stuff delivered. I guess it paid off living in the guesthouse for so long so we didn't have to live without furniture. Move in day went pretty smooth. The german movers here were AWESOME, especially compared to our deadbeat, idiot movers in Boston (not to be mean or anything). They were so efficient and quick. They even had a big machine that lifted all our furniture and boxes up to the second floor and through our Master bedroom window. We were very lucky to not have too much damage to our furniture considering the awful packing/moving job in Boston. That was a pleasant surprise. The most annoying part was that all our hardware for our nice wooden dining room table was missing and wasn't with the table (just like all the rest of our hardware). Unfortunately we didn't find it in any of our boxes either, so we had no way of assembling it. The next day, the german movers showed up and had found the hardware in a kitchen box that was full with a bunch of paper. Of course the movers in Boston would just throw our hardware in a random box that was 3/4 full of paper! I was so grateful they found it for us!
The girls have been loving having a ton of space to run around, be crazy and make even more messes. I feel like everyday I make a little progress unpacking and meanwhile they are making a huge mess somewhere else I have to go back and clean up. We have made good progress though and are getting close. We did finally get internet and a phone, so that is nice too. We were able to get a free AFN (American Forces Network) receiver from base where we should be able to get a handful of american channels for free with the most popular shows, cartoons, etc. Unfortunately we haven't been able to set that up yet. Weird that we haven't had TV since the beginning of August. I do have some pictures of some happenings the past week or so, but need to find my camera cord first (hopefully by tomorrow) and then I can update more with pictures. But we are alive and surviving. Most of the days I am in my PJs all day unpacking boxes, but oh well. It will be nice to catch up around the house more so I can go exploring and get out... and maybe meet a friend or two. I do LOVE LOVE LOVE our little town that we live in though. We are in walking distance from some cute little restaurants, bakeries and Adeline's kindergarten (preschool) she will hopefully start soon. It is a really cute area. We are about a 3-4 minute drive to the local grocery store too, which is nice.
Now for a couple funny things Adeline said/did today that I sent to Abe in an email while he was at work:
A little bit ago adeline and Norah went upstairs while I was finishing my lunch (they had already ate). Adeline came back downstairs and said,
A- "I put Norah to bed. She needed to go to sleep".
N- "Is she in her crib?"
A- "Yes, I put her in there"
N- "Does she have her blankie and night night?"
A- "yes"
N- " I need to go upstairs and shut the window so she can sleep"
A- "I already did that too".
Sure enough when I went upstairs, Norah was in her crib yelling "Adeline! I don't wanna go to bed!" The room was dark too and she succeeded putting the windows down. Just now Adeline was sitting at the table with me eating one of those waffle cookies. They are really crumbly, so I asked her to please lean over the table while eating it so the crumbs don't get all over the floor. In reply she said, "You are bossy!"
*
She was standing behind me while I was doing dishes patting my butt
A: "Mom, you have a big butt!"
N: "Adeline, it's not nice to tell someone they have a big butt. I don't want a big butt".
A: "Well, you have one!"
4 comments:
I am giggling out loud at the things Adeline said, she is too funny! I'm so happy you got into your home, I can't wait to see pictures - it sounds like you are in a great area! Miss you tons!
Thanks for the update. Can't wait to come see you!
Mom
How funny! I love how independent and responsible she is!!
Sorry but that big butt comment is hilarious!!! I sincerely doubt it though... maybe just in comparison to Adeline's tiny butt...
Post a Comment