{toys from Santa}




Yesterday we headed to Monschau, Germany to hit up our first real Christmas market. Everyone has been telling us to visit Monschau. I wish I got better pictures of the actual town, but it is so neat! It is nestled down in a little valley surrounded by mountains. The streets are pretty little and narrow, so it was pretty busy. I didn't get to go in all the shops like I wanted to. It was too hard with the stroller and really whiny kids. Actually, Norah didn't whine at all, but Adeline wouldn't quit. Apparently her gloves and boots were too cold. We learned our lesson on that one! It would be way easier to visit the Christmas markets without kids!

{drooling over the yummy mushrooms I was about to buy}

{Eating my delicious mushrooms with garlic sauce (and ham, onions and who knows what else)}




{Abe eating his huge brat that he has been dreaming about. We have heard there are bigger at other Christmas markets... we shall see!}







These next two pictures sum up their moods for the night.... Norah, happy. Adeline, angry.


Yesterday our little street started lining up with cars and tons of people were walking down our block. It was really weird because we live in a little quiet neighborhood out in the farming country. At first I thought our neighbors were having a party until it started getting really busy. We all dressed warm and walked about a block and a half to a mini neighborhood Christmas market. It was behind someone's house and it almost seemed like we were invading a private Christmas party at first. There was a little train that was giving the kids rides down the street, lots of alcohol of course, hot chocolate, food, music, Christmas trees for sale and a handful of vendors. We just got some hot chocolate and walked around for a bit and then went back home. At 12:30am we could still hear the music loud outside. Who knows when the party ever ended!




When we got home from our little "walk", Adeline was dying to decorate our Christmas tree. Yes, we just got it up two weeks late. Better late than never! Adeline was very serious and into decorating it, while Norah did not care at all. She just dance around with her baby and was being funny.







Every year Abe's mom sends a little nativity set to us and the kids love them! They were able to open the new one last night and enjoyed playing with it!
1 comment:
OH my gosh! I want to come visit!!! that town and festival is so cute!!!!!
Post a Comment