Saturday, December 31, 2011

Christmas Eve, Christmas Day and Post Christmas :)

This is a massive post of pictures, but I need to get this post done so I can *hopefully* get Norah's birthday post in tomorrow.

Our Christmas was really quiet. No family or close friends to spend it with, so it was just our little family. The week before Christmas I started to get a little sad about it. It was fun though and nice to be able to start some of our own traditions and enjoy how excited our little girls were. On Christmas eve we started off by decorating cookies for Santa. Adeline was very into decorating, while Norah was only interested in eating them!





The day before Christmas Eve we had decorated some of the cookies for our friends and Abe was at work. I think Adeline was a little afraid Abe was going to eat them all, because she wanted to write this note for him! My finger is hiding part of the writing where it says {3}

The night of Christmas Eve I made a pretty big dinner for the 4 of us and the girls were really excited about it. I'm glad that it turned out really good, because I slaved in the kitchen for about 6 hours or so that day it seemed!

Then we decided to track Santa....

Afterwards the girls opened up their Christmas Jammies sent by nana and grandpa...


Eating yummy chocolate cake (from scratch) w/ strawberries and ice cream...

Time for bed!! Setting out cookies and milk for Santa

and Adeline left a little note for Santa's little helper...

Adeline was so excited and kept waking up throughout the night. She finally came into bed with us and got us up at 7am. When her and Abe ran downstairs to see if Santa came, she was yelling in excitement and flew up the stairs into hers and Norah's room to wake Norah up. So fun to watch.









Christmas evening a family in our ward has us over for dinner. Here are the girls getting ready to head out!





The day after Christmas the girls and I took Chloe on a little walk. It is so pretty right around our neighborhood. Adeline loved riding her scooter around that she got for Christmas. She will tell you that it is a little wobbly (because it is a "big kid" scooter and she is getting used to it)








This week we have just been hanging out at home pretty much everyday. It has been nice to relax and enjoy each other's company. It's pretty fun how much time Abe is able to be at home. We get to spend more time right now as a family then we ever have.... and maybe ever will!! The girls have been great playing with each other and just melt my heart. I feel so blessed to have such sweet, smart and fun little girls.

{Adeline reading to Norah}

{Norah in the baby bed after Adeline told her to lay in it}

{Adeline in action completely messing up the playroom}

1 comment:

Brooke said...

That is an awesome playroom! Great photos...all really capture the moment. Looks like you guys had a good Christmas. Gorgeous little countryside you live in!! Totally jealous of all of the time you get to spend w/ your hubby. I don't think I'll ever get that time. Lucky!