We had a great Thanksgiving. We were lucky enough to be invited over to someone's house in our ward, along with a handful of other families. We had WAY to much food, they kids ran around with friends and had a blast and it was overall a great night. Definitely not the same as being back at home and spending the Holidays with family, but what can we do! In the past 6 years that we have been married, we have only been able to spend one Thanksgiving with Abe's family and one with my family. Other than that, the 4 other years have been spent with other military & families from our wards. Some things I am grateful for at the moment:
-My girls & Abe. They mean everything to me.
-my family & Abe's family. We miss them all so much
-friends
-WE GET TO MOVE INTO OUR HOUSE ON MONDAY!!!!
-I got my car the other day!! A little bummed there is a new scratch they are denying, but thankful I have it.
-For our opportunity to experience life in Germany (as "homesick" as it may be sometimes)
-For Abe's secure job
-that I only have to sleep on this incredibly HARD mattress and flat hard pillows for two more nights... and then I get my own!
-The gospel and our "ward family" here. We have a huge support system just being in the military, but it is amazing the support system in the church. I would feel so lost here if we didn't have church. We have met other families in our church and been invited into several of their homes.
Adeline had a hard time tonight and I am pretty sure she was extremely overwhelmed. She was whining that she wanted it to be Monday so we could move into our house because it has been such a long time. Uh, I agree. 9 weeks of living out of suitcases is NOT fun. Poor little thing. The girls really have been extremely good and patient. Can't wait to be in our house, have our stuff and start getting settled. Once that happens, maybe I can actually meet some other military wives and start figuring out things around here. I still have no idea where to go except for the grocery store, the hospital and the base.
1 comment:
So glad you are moving into your house!! That made a HUGE difference for me. Love the pictures of Koln. That is on our must see list.
Post a Comment