Last Friday we had bought tickets for the St. Nicholasbaun- Gillrath Santa Train. After I bought the tickets I was wondering if it would really be worth it because they were a little pricey. I am so happy that we did it. The girls LOVED it. It was a two hour adventure overall. We got to ride on the train for about 30 minutes or so to another little town. While we were riding that first leg, Santa showed up and presented the girls with little bags full of goodies. Chocolate, cookies and of course how could you forget a big piece of bread shaped as a man! We had prepped Norah for Santa and she did really well. She didn't act scared at all and I'm pretty sure she ate 1/2 of her bread man right after she got it. We also got some hot chocolate/cookies on the train. The train was actually really nice, warm (thankfully) and fun to ride on. Once we got to the little town, we got off the train and went to a big tent area that was filled with tables with bread and cold cuts. We also got hot chocolate there and it was some of the best hot chocolate I have ever had. I think Norah would agree :) Santa came up to the front and sat in his chair so all the kids could sit in his lap. After we got our snack and visited with Santa, we got back on the train for another ride back to Gillrath.
Last weekend we also made a trip to IKEA to get some much needed storage units for our house (Germans DON"T have closets). We were there a total of FIVE hours. Norah was going CRAZY. Glad that's over!
Today we had our friends over and the kids did Ginger Bread houses. While at IKEA, I bought little Gingerbread kids for 2euro each and they turned out really cute. The kids probably ate way too much candy! Every time I gave Norah a candy to put on her house she said, "No, I wanna eat it!" and then would stick it in her mouth. I was going to try and tackle my moms famous gingerbread recipe and actually make them myself, but I am a little intimidated the the German ovens still... plus they are TINY! Maybe next year :)
No comments:
Post a Comment