About a month ago, some girls from my ward invited me to go on a girls overnight trip to New York. Originally I had declined because I was just getting back from Utah/California and had a lot on my plate. It seemed overwhelming to me to go to New York. They ended up talking me into it and I am so glad that I went! We stayed at the Navy Lodge on Staten Island and took the ferry into New York City. We only were there one night, so the evening we got there we went into the city and immediately got in line to get discounted Broadway tickets. The line was LONG. As soon as we got in line, a security guard came over to us and said that since my friend was really pregnant, we were aloud to all go to the front of the line. That about made my night not having to stand in line for hours. Two of the girls went to Mary Poppins and Gina and I went to Phantom. For dinner we went to the Stardust Restaraunt. All the waiters/waitresses sing and dance and are trying to get into Broadway. So the entire dinner, you get a show. It was so much fun. After the Broadway plays, we shopped around time square for a little bit... after all, everything was open till 1am :)






The next day was windy and rainy in the afternoon, but we still managed to have fun. We first hit ground zero which was really neat. I didn't realize how hard emotionally it was going to be for me. The last and only time I had been in New York City was in the summer of 2001 right before the twin towers fell. We also went to a church up the street that was full of pictures, cards, stories, etc. that family/friends had sent in of the victims of Sept 11th. For lunch we went to a famous deli and I can't remember the name of it. The sandwiches were HUGE. Bigger than I had ever seen before. After lunch we went and walked around Central Park in the rain. I originally was hoping to get the NYC with Abe, but am so happy I went with these girls.








2 comments:
All of your travels look like so much fun! You are always on the go. I wish I would have visited NYC while we were out east! Thanks for posting pictures so I can pretend! :)
that looks like a fun trip!
Post a Comment