This post has a million pictures, but it is kind of hard for me to narrow it down more than this since my dad, my sister and I all took pictures the entire time. I have way too many. Some of the highlights in no particular order-- and the pictures in no particular order as well.
-4TH OF JULY
I love 4th of July in Oakley. We woke up bright and early and ran the 5k. I still can't believe that Sierra actually ended up getting talked into doing it. It was so much fun even though we were in horrible shape. My dad even kept up with us the entire time and sprinted at the end to try and beat us. Sierra cut a corner to try and get ahead of him and I was not able to cut the corner due to pushing a stroller. All three of us were sprinting as fast as we could at the end and we finally "let" the old grandpa win :)
After the race we went to the Oakley Parade. My dad drove the tractor over and reserved our family a spot. It's a small town old fashion parade where they throw candy at the kids and the local kids ride their horses and floats. I love it. After that we went to a kid rodeo. Adeline, Jojo and Emerson did a sprint to earn a silver dollar and tried to catch a greased pig and chicken. Fortunately non of the kids caught one... however Jojo was really determined and fast and I thought she might have a chance.
That night my mom had all the Smarts over for a big BBQ. I can't believe how huge our family has gotten. It was fun to catch up with everyone!! Immediately after that we went to the Oakley Rodeo. I grew up going to this rodeo every year as a kid and haven't gone at all since I got married. Needless to say, I was so excited to be able to go this year! It did not disappoint!
--SEEING THE HORROCK'S!
Oh I miss them so much in Germany. At least we have a Utah tie so we can still see them every so often. We went to the Alpine slide at the Olympic park in park city. We waited in line for about an hour... or 2? I can't remember. However we finally got to the front of the line and got in the slides on the track. When we were all about to go, it started raining and they completely closed down the track. It was such a bummer. Luckily Abe and Adeline made it to the bottom and saved my mom from watching the hungry babies all by herself! We had to wait for an hour or so for a shuttle to come pick us up and bring us back to the bottom.
--RIDING HORSES
--SWIM LESSONS FOR ADELINE
--ALPINE SLIDE IN PARK CITY AND ICE CREAM
--BOATING
--SEEING FAMILY (Cousins, Siblings, Parents, Grandparents... and Great-Grandparents for my kids:)
--PLAYING, PLAYING, PLAYING. I swear there wasn't one day that went by that we didn't do something extremely fun.
The one thing that is a bummer is that the time always slips away super fast when we go to Utah. I feel bad I wasn't able to see a lot of my friends. Hopefully next time!! For the friends that I did get to see... I loved it! I miss everyone so much!
THE RANCH
SLIP AND SLIDE FUN

1 comment:
Wow! What a huge post. Loved seeing all of the pictures. Can't wait to do it again next year!
mom
Post a Comment