Friday, August 10, 2012

Horrock's going away dinner



I am so far behind on my blog, it's crazy. I am hopefully going to catch up in the next couple of days so I can document everything. A handful of months ago we had a going away dinner at our house for our friends the Horrock's. There were four families total and it was a fun night consisting of grilling, hanging out, kid blanket rolling, kid tossing, etc. This family has become really good friends of ours in the "short" time that we have been here. I had a really hard time adjusting when we first got here and didn't know a single soul that lived here, or that HAD ever lived here before. I met Sara our first Sunday at church and was happy to have met a friend. I was stranded at our guesthouse for the 6 weeks while we were there because my car had not yet arrived. She happily stopped by, picked me and my two kids up at the time, and would lug us around to the park, grocery store, etc. She was a real lifesaver. Our kids just happened to love each other and played so happy together. It was so easy to hang out. Our kids would disappear and play, and we could hang out and talk. I know that part of them was happy they were leaving Germany after being here for 3.5 years, but I was not happy at all. I found a really good friend and of course they had to leave already! The selfish part of me wished they could stay the entire time we were here. They moved to the States in May and I miss them dearly. This is the party I HATE about the military life.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments: