Sunday, August 26, 2012

7 Years


Photobucket


Today is mine and Abe's 7th wedding anniversary. It is crazy to think that it has been 7 years, but at the same time I couldn't imagine life without him. My parents grilled it in our heads when we were younger that picking the right person to marry would be one of the most important decisions we could make. They also made sure we knew that when you marry an individual, you also marry their family. Marrying Abe was definitely the best decision I have ever made in my life. I also got lucky that he has an amazing family that I feel fortunate to be a part of.

Abe is my best friend and I love spending every day with him. We are lucky that here in Germany he is home almost every day. I probably need to step it up so he doesn't get sick of me! When Abe and I first got married, we were warned that the first year of marriage is hard. What?! The first year of marriage was total bliss. I love looking back at the pictures of our first year of marriage to see all the fun adventures that we had together.... just us.... no kids. I love my kid to death, but I cherish the times that it was just us two with no other distractions. No matter who you are, marriage is hard and can be trying at times; and we are no exception. However, we have been blessed with great communication and have not had any big rough spells in our marriage. I have loved all of our adventures that have gotten us to this point. Before marriage, I thought that I would live in Utah for the rest of my life. I didn't want to live anywhere else. I am a homebody and Utah is where I felt comfortable. I can't believe that we have lived in California, Ohio, Boston and now Germany. I always tease Abe that I could never be a military wife if I didn't love him so much. I'm not kidding when I say that though. It doesn't matter where we are, as long as we are together.

Abe, you are the love of my life and I am so happy to be married to you. Even when you think that I am your wrestling competitor (on a daily basis) and I am a big wimp. Happy Anniversary!!

1 comment:

Brooke said...

aww, how sweet. Happy Anniversary you two!