We rent out our home in Ohio and we just happened to have to turn the house around for new renters the same time while we were in Utah. Abe originally was going to fly out by himself to do it. After all, why would we pay $500 extra dollars for me to fly out for 4 days when Abe could do it himself?? Well, I felt this was my only chance to visit Ohio and see my best friend Kara while we are going to be in Germany. Abe knew how much I wanted to see her, so he agreed that I could come.
Not only did I LOVE seeing Kara and Justin, but it ended up being a good thing that I came since there was a lot of work on the house to do. Abe and I thought we were going to work on the house hard for the first two days and then play with them on the last day and during our breaks. When we woke up the first morning that we were there, Abe and I got ready to head over to our house to start working on it. Kara and Justin got in their painting clothes and insisted that they help us too. They helped us for hours on end for a couple days getting our house ready. They are seriously the best friends we could ever ask for. It was so nice of them!!
It's weird being in the military and having to move around a lot. I always end up homesick, but I am not sure for what. Am I homesick for Utah where I grew up? Or am I homesick for California, Ohio or Boston? I have to say that I am definitely always homesick for Utah, but I still get homesick for Ohio too. It really felt like home there. We owned our first home, made some of the best friends and really loved it there. I still daydream what it would be like if we lived in our house right now with all three of our kids. Norah could live right next door to her best little friend Makenna and I could live next to Kara again. When we lived there, Kara and Justin would always be over at our house at night or visa versa. We would play games, watch movies and/or Kara and I would stay up all night crafting. I loved it.
I will update this post later once I get the couple of pictures that Kara took while we were there. I am horrible and only got one. Cute little Makenna and Meika :)

I also got one picture of our other neighbor Sylvia and Meika. I was so glad that she got to meet her. We were really blessed with the best neighbors there. We still keep in touch with Sylvia and we love her to death.

1 comment:
I'm so sad I didn't get to see you and your cute family when you were here but I know (and can see on your blog!) you guys were BUSY! I am seriously impressed with how well you manage traveling with 3 little ones. I'm loving reading about your trip and seeing all the pictures :) Miss you!
Post a Comment