Monday, February 21, 2011

Sunapee

This past weekend we headed up to Sunapee, NH to go skiing. The first half of the day I went with Adeline and the second half Abe went snowboarding. I knew that it could have gone either way taking Adeline skiing. She was either going to love it, or hate it. There were a couple bunny hills and right off the bat she didn't even need my help holding on to her. Luckily we bought a wedgie last time we took her and I think that helped. I explained the concept of snowplowing to her and she seemed to get it. You can hear her in one of the videos below say, "I want to go faster!"... so I told her to make a smaller pie and that's what she did! I felt so proud of her because she did such a great job! She was giggling and had a blast. She got completely bored on the bunny hills and wanted me to take her up the lift to the bigger runs. Luckily the resort let us borrow a harness thing because she would start going so fast down the hill!











Afterwards we went back to our hotel and went swimming in the freezing cold pool! Adeline loves staying in hotels and was really excited about it. Unfortunately Norah was up until almost 4am because she just wanted me to hold her the whole night. NO fun! The next day I felt in her mouth and she got a new molar. Go figure!




Adeline is obsessed with her strawberry shortcake movies. We always catch her singing all the songs in the car and finally got it on tape. She is performing a little as well :) So cute.

4 comments:

Brooke said...

Good job Adeline!

Campbell Family said...

My kids loved watching those videos!! Johanna keeps telling me that she wants to go skiing now...

AshlieM said...

Looks like so much fun!

Heather said...

Skiing with Adeline looks fun! Being up with Norah does not sound fun! Teething is so hard. Thankfully Sadie is almost done! Your girls are adorable. Hope you are well!