I really felt like my heart broke in two today. My girls had their GI specialist appointments today and of course I was grilled as to why I was there? What are their GI symptoms?.... yada yada yada. The answer to all those questions is that they are healthy, have NO signs of GI problems, however they are little. To me this is pretty much a joke since my sister NEVER charted and the rest of us were near the bottom. All my nieces and nephews are all tiny too and nothing is wrong with them! For some reason we have been put through the ringer for it and I am SICK OF IT! They want us now to go to a nutritionist (which I already did when Adeline was a baby and it was NO HELP and she was totally rude), want follow up appointments and made us get more labs. I was just in there two weeks ago with Norah while they pinned her down and took loads of blood. Adeline DID NOT want to go today in fear she was getting a "shot". Of course she was devastated when she found out she had to. The took 10-15 tubes of blood from her and I had to hold her tight in my lap. She screamed and screamed and I could not take it. I started bawling too and Norah was also screaming while strapped in her stroller. I felt like the WORST mom ever since the doctors are only doing this to make themselves feel better. I keep saying, "ok, I will do the labs to make them feel better"... but then they just keep wanting more and I am done. After they were done with Adeline I turned her around to give her a big hug and she pushed away from me because she was so mad. She finally gave in and gave me a big hug. Then of course they gave Norah to me to hold down and took blood from her. She looked up at me and was screaming the entire time and I felt horrible. This little girl has 2 ear infections, bronchiolitis and 5 teeth coming in and I ALLOWED them to stick her and put her in MORE PAIN. I left the doctors office totally distraught and went straight to the McDonalds drive thru to get adeline a ice cream. I cried ordering the ice cream and cried through my next couple of phone calls.... this also resulted in a massive headache. We will see what the labs say and if something is wrong, so be it... I will be glad to know. Most likely they will have no answers again and will want to do MORE... and I will finally say NO!!! And I will be cancelling my nutritionist appointment, because that is just ridiculous.
What a great birthday! Abe and I were able to go out to dinner after we put our kids to bed and had someone come sit at our house. I told him that if we weren't able to do that, I am not sure if I would have recovered from my day.
10 comments:
I'm so sorry. That sounds absolutely dreadful. :(
Your girls are amazing - and you are one amazing mommy. Love you. Happy Birthday!
Oh Nicole, I'm so sorry I missed your phone calls later today, especially now that I hear this :( We should have a competition on whose birthday sucked more. This is total BS what you are having to go through, WE all know it. I agree, if nothing is wrong with them after this blood test (which nothing will be), you just have to put your foot down and tell them you refuse to do it anymore. Tell them if they have to they can request all of our growth charts to match them up to. So lame.
Your poor kids! I am so sorry, hope that everything works out. Its good you got to go out for your birthday!!!
I am so sorry you had to go through that on your birthday! Your poor kids. You are not a bad mom, the doctors made you think this was necessary. I think you know your kids the best. They are healthy and smart. Who cares if they are small? Lets hope the tests come back normal and you don't have to take them in again. And don't worry. Kids forget things, and they don't blame you either.
:(
That makes for a crummy birthday. I would be fed up at this point too. And, yes, you are a GREAT Mom!
I'm sorry you have to go through this! My theory is that adults are all different sizes, so kids will be too!
I am so sorry, I am teary-eyed reading this, I HATE when you as a mother know your children and they doubt you... Sometimes MOTHERS know best! My sympathies are with you, there is nothing worse than seeing your child in pain and somewhat being the cause. OR not being able to do anything but love them. It reminds me of our Father in Heaven... Thanks for the story we sometimes feel horrible as moms but you are doing EVERYTHING for them and anybody who knows you or reads your blog can tell what sincere parents you and Abe are! Happy Birthday!
I am so sorry! It sucks so bad to see your kids in pain! The test that they did with Chloe was horrible and she screamed for about 45 mintues, it broke my heart. You are a wonderful Mom and you do these things because you care! I hope everything turns out ok.
your girls are healthy. Anyone can tell that by just looking at them!!
Oh Nicole, I'm so sorry! I had to do that about a month ago with Justin and it was awful. Of course, nothing was wrong.
Your girls are beautiful, vibrant and healthy! Don't let those doctors tell you otherwise.
((hugs))
Post a Comment