I have had pretty bad insomnia for the past week. I find myself taking something to help me sleep better most nights. Last night I couldn't sleep and stayed up till the middle of the night researching on the internet; and we all know where that will take us. Depression. Every since my last D&C after Meika for retained placenta and a fibroid removal, I have been very worried about getting pregnant for some reason. The doctor always just reassured me that I would and it had nothing to do with it. It is hard for me to think that I had 3 healthy pregnancies and babies, then a D&C and then this happened which required an additional D&C. Well, when you do the research on a D&C, you have a very high chance of getting Asherman's Syndrome (scarring of the uterus). That first D&C that would normally take 15 minutes, took a couple HOURS. Since it is a blind surgery (and online it says you shouldn't get fibroids removed via D&C), I just wonder the damage that it did to my uterus. Of course after all my research and thoughts last night, I need to write down all my concerns to speak to the doctor about. Hopefully this was a fluke miscarriage (like a ton of people unfortunately have to go through) and nothing that has to do with my Uterus. I do not want to get pregnant again to have the same outcome. I want them to prove to me that my Uterus is not damaged, however I doubt they will do that unless I have recurrent miscarriages or something else going wrong to prove that there is an underlying problem. I hope that I am wrong, but this is weighing on my shoulders and my heart. Finding answers, good or bad, would be a blessing at this point. When the time comes to get pregnant again, I am just going to have to rely on Heavenly Father and hold my breath!
Feed
Thursday, July 25, 2013
One Week
I have had pretty bad insomnia for the past week. I find myself taking something to help me sleep better most nights. Last night I couldn't sleep and stayed up till the middle of the night researching on the internet; and we all know where that will take us. Depression. Every since my last D&C after Meika for retained placenta and a fibroid removal, I have been very worried about getting pregnant for some reason. The doctor always just reassured me that I would and it had nothing to do with it. It is hard for me to think that I had 3 healthy pregnancies and babies, then a D&C and then this happened which required an additional D&C. Well, when you do the research on a D&C, you have a very high chance of getting Asherman's Syndrome (scarring of the uterus). That first D&C that would normally take 15 minutes, took a couple HOURS. Since it is a blind surgery (and online it says you shouldn't get fibroids removed via D&C), I just wonder the damage that it did to my uterus. Of course after all my research and thoughts last night, I need to write down all my concerns to speak to the doctor about. Hopefully this was a fluke miscarriage (like a ton of people unfortunately have to go through) and nothing that has to do with my Uterus. I do not want to get pregnant again to have the same outcome. I want them to prove to me that my Uterus is not damaged, however I doubt they will do that unless I have recurrent miscarriages or something else going wrong to prove that there is an underlying problem. I hope that I am wrong, but this is weighing on my shoulders and my heart. Finding answers, good or bad, would be a blessing at this point. When the time comes to get pregnant again, I am just going to have to rely on Heavenly Father and hold my breath!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Nicole, I think it's great that you are expressing your feelings. That's a positive step in the grieving process. You are amazing and so strong!!
Just catching up on your blog... I hadn't read this yet when I was talking to you yesterday, now it all makes sense. I'm sorry again for all you've been through and also amazed at how strong you are - and I'm glad you're writing it down, love you lots!
Post a Comment