First it was Beth. Beth just lived about 1 mile away from me. She was really the first person that made an effort to be my friend when we got here. She heard that I had moved into our house (there are hardly any Americans in our town) and decided to Facebook me. When we went to parties or get togethers and didn't know a single soul, she introduced us to everyone and and went out of her way to make us feel comfortable. I have to admit that we were really terrible at getting together, even though we only lived a mile away and I fully regret that! It was fun having them over for dinner before they left for Kansas.


Then came Liz. Liz has 3 little girls all about the same ages as mine (and one little boy on the way). I absolutely LOVE this family. Adeline and Carolyn became quick friends. It seemed like she was always spending her recesses at school looking for or playing with Carolyn. We also got to go on two big vacations with the Donahues: Greece and Chamonix. I am really sad that they had to move before us! Adeline was going through her list of who she wanted to invite to her birthday party (it is sparse because half her friends have moved). She paused while writing down names, looked up at me and said in a sad voice, "I really wish Carolyn could come!" Poor girl. They are off to Alabama now and we are hoping to run into them again sometime in our military career!
Not long before they took off, we had them over for dinner. The girls were so silly and were giving each other makeovers.

Group shot after the makeovers

That night Adeline and Carolyn had a sleepover. Adeline was really excited because it was with Carolyn AND it was her first ever sleepover.


The Donahues had a handful of their friends meet up for a nice dinner at Meads in Sittard right before they left. The food was some of the best I have ever had and the company was great. Plus, Brian is a big food connoisseur and is so expressive and fun to eat with. Oh how we miss them!

and a selfie after dinner

Goodbye friends! We miss you!
No comments:
Post a Comment