Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Blueberry Picking

IMG_4052

I love picking fruit with my girls. In Boston, we went Raspberry, Blueberry and Apple picking all the time. I am pretty sure there is only blueberry picking around us. Today was a little bit cooler than it has been the past several weeks. It has been in the 90's, very humid and keep in mind that we don't have A/C. Not very fun when our house doesn't cool down at night. Today ended up being a perfect day to go.

The place is in Koningsbosch, NL and is just around the corner from us. It was crazy busy today and I am pretty sure that I only saw one other kid (besides the 10 little american kids that were with us). They are very particular about everything. You are not allowed to touch the blueberries until they "assign" you to a specific bush. You cannot move on until the entire bush has been picked and then they have to direct you where to go next.

IMG_4036
Meika was such a little cutie. She stayed right next to me the entire time and held my bucket for me. Every once in awhile, she would pick a berry, throw it in the bucket and then laugh hysterically. She mostly just picked all the blueberries out of the bucket or off the plant and would eat them. Meika LOVES blueberries.

IMG_4042

IMG_4044

Norah was mostly in her own little world the entire time. Not very surprising, huh? She is such a stilly girl. She sat and told silly stories with her friend Emma, picked a handful of blueberries and of course joined with Meika in eating them.

IMG_4038

IMG_4055

IMG_4081

Adeline was my super picker and helper. This is definitely her cup of tea. This girl hardly every gets worn out. She loves tasks. I didn't hear one little complaint come from her mouth.

IMG_4049

IMG_4054

IMG_4084

The kids posing after their hard work

IMG_4061

IMG_4078

Me and my girls

IMG_4092

Of course Meika thought she could carry one of the buckets all the way back... no way.

IMG_4086

We picked about 5 Kilos and most of them are ginormous. Now to eating them, freezing them and finding some blueberry recipes!

IMG_4099

4 comments:

Amanda Waite said...

GORGEOUS PICTURES!! I loved every one of them!!! Looks like fun! You guys are darling!

kelsey said...

Love that you already blogged this! The pictures turned out great. I'm glad there was a cute one of you and your girls.

Campbell Family said...

I was just thinking... what are you going to do with all those blueberries??! Such cute pictures :)

Meg said...

Your girls always look so stinking cute... and I love all of your boots!!