Friday, January 25, 2013

New Year's Eve & Norah's 3rd Birthday

IMG_3884

We celebrated Norah's birthday. I can't believe my little baby is already 3. She was so excited that it was HER birthday.

IMG_3894

IMG_3887

IMG_3902

IMG_3907

IMG_3922

IMG_3926

IMG_3934

IMG_3938


Since Norah shares a birthday with New Year's Eve, we had some friends over and celebrated both.

Norah picked what the kids had for dinner: Eggs and Toast
IMG_2491

We had some cupcakes

IMG_3950-Edit

IMG_3954-Edit

And we went outside and attempted to do sparklers. Unfortunately it was freezing cold and super windy. It lasted about 30 seconds.

IMG_3966-Edit

IMG_3977-Edit

The week after Norah's birthday, we had a birthday party for her. This was Norah's first real birthday party. Before hand, I asked Norah what theme she wanted for her party. I suggested My Little Pony, Strawberry Shortcake or a cupcake party. She turned to me and replied, "I want a PINK dragon party!" Silly girl. So that's what we did. A pink dragon party. Of course I am crazy and decided to make 10 dragon tails for the kids party favors.

IMG_4014

I tried to get all the kids to stand together to get a picture and then Abe would set off a "flying dragon" and the kids would go crazy.

IMG_4000-Edit

Here is Abe setting off a flying dragon

IMG_4015

I did get a picture of the kids tails

IMG_4004-Edit

Here are some of the dragons trying to get me.

IMG_3992-Edit

We pulled our couch away from the wall and with some blankets, we made a "dragon cave" the went around the entire room. The kids loved it!

IMG_3997-Edit

IMG_4024

The kids colored pictures of dragons

IMG_4029

IMG_4031

IMG_4032

We also played pin the tail on the dragon, but I am pretty sure every kid looked :)

Norah requested a pink dragon on the top of her cake.
IMG_4041

IMG_4048

IMG_4049

IMG_4054

Luckily my friend Kelsey was able to come and help me round up all the little dragons!

IMG_4056

Norah

-still as sweet as can be
-Gives the best hugs and is a little cuddler
-very mature for her age
-has always been very compliant, but is getting sassier everyday
-Insists on only wearing dresses
-always pretending when playing with Adeline, her dolls, little animals, etc.
-loves to roughhouse
-Has the best belly laugh
-loves chocolate milk
-Loves to shake her booty
-Is my little homebody
-Is hilarious

I just love my little Norah. She is such a joy and we love her so much. It seems like everyone that meets her, immediately falls in love with her. Happy Birthday my sweet girl!