Monday, January 28, 2013

Meika turns 1

IMG_4244
This last year has seriously been the fastest year of my life. It feels like yesterday that I had Meika. It makes me want to freeze time. The last week, Meika got her first two bottom teeth, started signing "more" and started officially walking.
IMG_4231
Meika's birthday was just an ordinary Sunday for the most part. We made it special by making pink pancakes for dinner along with the forbidden fruit until one year old: Strawberries. She scarfed them down and LOVED them. She also had some bananas and oranges.
IMG_4290

After dinner we gave her a cupcake to dig into. Meika really hasn't had too much variety of food, other than fruits and veggies, so this was a real treat for her. She was really funny to watch.

IMG_4295
IMG_4302
IMG_4304
IMG_4307
IMG_4312
IMG_4317
IMG_4329
and this was the best...
meika1

and she opened some presents

IMG_4340

IMG_4349

IMG_4351

She had a great birthday. Crazy that she is a little one year old now. Adeline said, "Meika doesn't really act like a one year old now!" Silly girl. She is still a little baby :) She is all over the place now and getting into everything. I find her in situations like these:
IMG_4267
IMG_3899
IMG_4270

Here one year Stats are:
-WEIGHT 17lbs 3 ounces 3%
-HEIGHT 17.7 inches (45cm) 41%

Meika at one year:

-loves to give kisses and even makes the lip smacking sound
-gives pretty good hugs
-good eater: loves carrots, sweet potatoes, beans, bananas, now strawberries, oranges, eggs, cheese, apple sauce and lots of other things
-loves her big sisters
-loves babies. She'll carry them around hugging and kissing them
-Sleeps 7:30-8:00 at the earliest.. sometimes 9 or 10am
-goes right down for nap time and bed time.
-loves her animal binkies and her "bear bear" (blankie). Never needs her binkie except when going to bed.
-has an incredibly big outie belly button
-loves getting in things (boxes, toy basket)
-starting to climb
-says baba, mama, dada. It sounds like she tries to say doggie and all done.. but not clear yet
-signs all done, more and please

Meika is my dream baby. She is so cuddly, happy and such a joy. We love you little Meika!!


1 comment:

Meg said...

Oh my gosh - I can't believe Meika is 1 - seriously, I thought I read the title of this post wrong! She is adorable and does sound like such a dream baby... I hope our third is a dream baby too :) Happy Birthday Meika, hopefully I get to meet you sometime soon!