Saturday, March 28, 2009

Virginia and South Carolina

This past week was Abe's Spring Break, so we decided to head to Lynchburg, Virginia to visit Abe's good friend Rob. We had a lot of fun hanging out with him. Some of the highlights were: ( I have a slideshow below showing all these highlights)

-shooting a bow and arrow.... not easy! Abe had to completely help me because it was so hard. My arrow ended up hitting into a tree pretty far up and away from the target. I suck.
-I shot 3 guns. I shot a 22 pistol with a silencer on it, and then two others that were both huge semi automatic guns... not sure what kind. Abe pretty much blew up half of a tree with one of them. Pretty crazy.
- Rob's snakes. Probably not a "highlight", but it was for Adeline. She Loved them. She always asked "Ob" (Rob), to take her to see the "sssss". I walked in to the snake room to find Rob, Adeline and 2 of his very large snakes out and they were playing with them. Kind of freaked me out.
-Appomattox: civil war site.... Adeline was a little grumpy and independent, but it was still fun.
-D-day Memorial: This place was amazing!
-BlueRidge Parkway: This was an amazing drive through the mountains and you could look down into the valleys and see all the different areas. It was so pretty. While we were on our drive, we stopped by a little river in which Adeline loved! It was cold, but Adeline didn't care at all. She loved walking in it.

From Virginia, we drove down to South Carolina and got a hotel in Myrtle Beach. The beach was actually a lot nicer than I expected. It wasn't very warm, so we didn't spend very much time outside. Luckily, our hotel had an indoor water park, so that is where we spent our time. Adeline was obsessed. I will post a video of her crying to go to the "waee" (water). That is all she wanted to do.... ALL the time.

We had such a fun time hanging out with Rob and going to the beach. After 26 hours of driving though, we are happy to be home!!

Adeline swimming under water once again....


Adeline whining for us to take her to the "Waee"



5 comments:

Tracy said...

Looks like you guys had a lot of fun! I definitely would have stayed away from the snakes, Adeline is so brave! And so adorable! Good luck with your photography business, you do take awesome pics! :)

Shelby and Johnny Family said...

looks like a great time!! we're glad you're back. i'm glad you liked myrtle beach, too bad it was a little too chilly. talk to you soon!

Maria said...

Glad you had fun! It is always nice to get away. We used to go to Myrtle Beach all of the time when I was a kiddie. I really need to chat with you! Be in touch and soon!

Ashley said...

That's awesome you went to those places. I can't believe how much you had to drive!!! You guys are troopers. I've heard great things about Myrtle Beach. That video of her wanting to go to the Water is so funny. It's all too familiar with Thomas whining for things and pretending not to understand No.

Amy (Jones) & Lance Engberson Family said...

Looks like all of you had a fun time! Love all the pictures and video. Adeline is getting so big!