A couple of posts ago I blogged about Adeline's new friends (the 2 goldfish). Let's just say... Adeline's OLD friends. We only had them for a week and then they both died. I hurried and flushed them down the toilet before Adeline saw them floating in the water. I am pretty bad at keeping things alive. I fed them everyday and changed their water, so who knows what happened.
Last Wednesday was my birthday. Just another ordinary day. Funny how that happens when you get older. I was very impressed though because Abe actually made me a cake!! That has never happened before. Usually I make my own cake on my birthday. Our good friends watched Adeline so that we could go out to dinner and eat as well. Overall, it was a good day.


Adeline is becoming quite the character. She is always making goofy faces, noises and doing funny things. She LOVES to show off. She is starting to put two words together. She will say, "Chloe bed", or "night night mama". We are pretty sure that she said "I love you Chloe" the other day. She is also becoming very independent. She won't even sit in her chair anymore to eat. She has to sit on the bench, or on a big chair. She most of the time arches her back and screams if I try to attempt to put her in her own chair.
We have been teaching Adeline to count " 1, 2, 3, GO!" So Adeline always says, " 2, GO!", "2, GO". She will chase Abe around saying this until he spins her around. It's pretty funny.

Adeline was doing great at potty training. Last week I went FIVE days without changing a poopy diaper. It was wonderful. Almost every day she was 100% accident free. I wish I could say the same about this week. On Sunday it seems like it went downhill. When we are away from home at a store or something, she always tells me she needs to go and keep her diaper dry. But if we come home and she has a diaper on, she is being very stubborn about going in the potty. Who knows. My goal is to have her fully potty trained though in the next two months. She should be, because she seems like she totally gets it and is very close.
Tonight our neighbors brought over a doll house for Adeline that they wanted her to have. It is so adorable and Adeline loves it! She played with it all night. We are so lucky to have such good neighbors and friends here.


Here are a couple pictures that I took tonight that I thought were cute :)

10 comments:
so fun!! hope you had a good birthday! oh, and when you bought your goldfish, did you take them through the automatic doors out of the store? we did that and apparently they die a few days later after going through automatic doors. who knows?? but our died very quickly too. adeline is looking so adorable and grown up!
Glad you had a nice birthday! Isn't it weird to grow up and it isn't a "special" day anymore? Sad about the fish. They are so fickle. Once Josh changed all of the water out and didn't check the temp. and killed ALL of them. He felt bad, but then we got new ones. Eh, they are just fish.
I am glad you didn't have to make your own cake:) I hope you had a good b-day! Sorry about the fish! Love the pictures and updates. Keep them coming!
She is getting so old! I can not believe how fast she is changing! We've GOT to see you guys sometime soon...
Happy late birthday. That is sweet he made you a cake. So awesome that your neighbors gave her that dollhouse. I am jealous. That's so sweet. Sorry about your fish, you should get a beta. They are indestructable. Keep me posted on potty training. We are trying it here too, and he hasn't gone #2 in the toliet yet. He always just goes in the morning while he still has his diaper on from the night time.
Hope you had a nice birthday! I could never keep goldfish alive either. Yay for no poopy diapers! Great pics! :)
Happy b-day, how nice of your hubby to make you a cake. It's true though it seams like b-days are just another day. Your girls are so dang cute. The potty training thing is so annoying. Jack has been teasing us for about 5 months. He will do it when he wants to get out of nursery and the cart at the store. I have no idea what I am going to do so if you find a solution let me know. I really don't want 3 in diapers! Good luck!!!
Happy Birthday! I hope you had a wonderful day! I can't believe how big Adeline is getting...and I didn't realize how light her eyes were...so cute!
That's too bad about the fishes. After reading your post I thought maybe I should get my girls some fish. Now I think I will abandon that idea. Less work me, right? Let's get the little monkey's together next for a play date.
Happy Birthday! I love the video of running in circles!
Post a Comment