Monday, August 18, 2008

This past week

This past week was pretty fun. We went on a family bike ride to the mall so we could see the puppies in the pet store. Adeline loves it! Since we were there, we ate dinner at the glorious food court. Adeline is doing much better now in the bike trailer. I just have to bring some things to keep her occupied.



We went on a couple walks and Adeline actually pushed and pulled her stroller with her baby in it. That was only a short walk to get our mail though. Our longer walks we keep her strapped in the stroller so it doesn't take us hours.

Our friends the Huber's had baby #2, Avery. We went to the hospital to see her and she was so cute and tiny! Adeline didn't know what to think about her, she just stared. Brooke looked so good and we are so happy for them!

Adeline also attended a birthday party for her friend Sol. Here she is with the darling birthday boy.

We took Adeline to "The Greene" so she could play in the water fountains with all the other kids. The water squirts up pretty high and there were kids running around everywhere, so I think she was a little overwhelmed. She never even got in. Maybe someday :)


It was a fun week! On Saturday night we were able to play games with our friends the Bakers. We planned it so we could just put all the kids/babies to bed and then not worry about them. Rebecca even let me join her on her long run that morning to run the 9 miles I needed to(she was running 19....I would die). I thought I would die running 9, but it was not bad at all with a running partner! Later on I did find out that we only ran about 8.5miles. That's okay. It's still the longest I've ever ran so far. I am running the 1/2 marathon in September with Abe's sister Roni and it is going to come too soon!

5 comments:

Ashley said...

THe bike trailer rides get better as they get older. Sounds like a fun party, I am impressed that you're running a half marathon. One more month, good for you!

Maria said...

Wow, I am impressed you are doing the race! Sounds like you will have no problems at all.

Sorry I missed your calls, we were painting our new house all weekend and you know how that goes. IT was NOT fun!

Jill said...

Hey Nicole,
I know we are not great at keeping in touch but I do look at your blog every now and again. Dustin and I finally started a blog ourselves and we would love to link with you. We are themcquays.blogspot.com Hope things are going well for you!

Amy (Jones) & Lance Engberson Family said...

Hey I found your blog on Jill and Dustin's. Your little girl is getting so big! We should link together. My blog is lanceandamy.blogspot.com I hope to keep in touch with you a little bit better. Looks like things are going great! I'm so impressed with you doing a race that is really exciting.

Mindy said...

Way to go on all the running! Adeline looks so cute pulling her baby stroller. I'm so excited for all the future girly toys and clothes.