Sunday, July 27, 2008

Garden, Camping & Boating

Abe had decided awhile ago that he wanted to build a little garden towards the back of our house. Before I left for Utah, he had started removing patches of grass where he wanted to build it. He didn't say ONE word to me about the garden while I was in Utah, and much to my surprise, it was completed when I got home! My neighbor said that he was a "work horse" the entire time I was gone. It looks so good! Unfortunately it is pretty late in the summer to plant any vegetables or anything, but it will be a lot of fun next year.


On Thursday night we ended up going camping at Caesar Creek with our friends. Right when we went to bed, a bunch of animals came out of the woods. We heard Raccoons, which are pretty typical, but we also heard a pig...??? If it wasn't a pig, it was an animal that snorted like a pig. It was Adeline's first time actually camping over night, and it went pretty well. The only problem was that we were all sleep deprived. On Friday, we went to the lake and went boating. Brooke and I mostly sat on the beach with the babies, while the boys were boating. I did get a turn wake boarding and tubing before we left. I think it had been about 4 years since I had done that.

Allie and Adeline played so well together. They were walking around the camp holding hands!






Abe, Adeline, Derek and Allie

Cute Allie hanging out in her tube

6 comments:

Maggi said...

Looks good Abe. That's ma bro!!!

Ashley said...

Camping definently is a new experience with kids, not only all the stuff you bring, but the sleep troubles. That's a great garden spot, way to go Abe.

Brooke said...

Thanks for hanging out with us. It was fun!

Sassy said...

Looks like fun! Here's our blog! lewisdudes.blogspot.com

Sassy

Laura said...

You guys have been busy! What lake did you go to? Cute blog!

Tyler and Emily said...

Wow I'm so impressed with the garden! Looks like you guys are having a great summer! It was fun to see Sierra and Amanda in California- we missed you!