Saturday, July 5, 2008

4th of July Weekend

First of all, sorry about the really long post. I have gone a little picture crazy over the weekend. The girls just looked so cute, so I had to post several pictures. Abe's parents are in town right now, so we have been having a lot of fun with them. We have also spent a lot of time with Abe's brother Mori and his wife Megan since they are living in Cincinnati for a couple months. It has been so much fun that they live so close to us. It is the closest family we have had since we've been married. I am going to be so sad when they leave! Abe's good friend Rob drove here from Virginia to spend the weekend with us. We love the company!

On Thursday, we left the babies behind and went to get pedicures with just us girls. I wish I took more pictures, but this is the only one that I took. Megan, hopefully you are not mad at me for posting this picture :) Our toes looked really cute after.

Thursday night we went to a REDS game in Cincinnati with the Barker clan. Margie bought these cute little outfits for Mayzee and Adeline and they looked so cute in them! It was a lot of fun and the Reds won. Afterwards, they had an awesome fireworks show. I think it may have been the best firework show I have ever seen. Adeline was pretty afraid of them, so she mostly jumped between me and Abe and put her head down.

Here is the clan

Grandma and Grandpa Barker with cute Adeline and Mayzee




On the 4th of July, we originally had plans to go to the ward pancake breakfast and to the Fairborn Parade. However, we all ended up sleeping in and it was raining. I was so bummed we missed the parade. After our little BBQ, we found another parade in Beavercreek and decided to go to that. Megan and I made cute little skirts for the girls and they were a big hit. I think they may have got even more attention then the people in the parade! The best part about it was that we got so much candy because of Adeline and Mayzee. We loaded up the entire stroller full. Adeline also cut her two top teeth!!




Since Adeline was handed so much candy, she kept trying to stick it in her mouth. I decided that since it was a "special occasion", I would let her try her first sucker. She had it in her mouth the entire parade and absolutely loved it!


Today we all went to Young's Dairy in Yellow Springs. We had lunch there and then walked around and looked at the different animals. I also took Adeline on a little "train" ride around the farm. I kept looking at her to see if she was smiling, but she was just holding on really tight to the steering wheel and had a very serious face.



Rob and Adeline

After we went to the dairy, we went to Buck Creek and sat by the lake. Abe put Adeline in the water and she wasn't liking it very much.
Here she is on a tree

I thought it was funny because I finally bought her some onesies that are her size. Well, supposed to be her size, but they are huge! They practically hang to the ground!


8 comments:

Joel and Sara said...

Your little girl looks just like you! She is so cute!

Ashley said...

I love the skirts, you guys were so festive, good for yoU! Seems like your adjusting to life there well.

The Crookstons said...

That looks like a fun weekend. I love the skirts too. Chase got his first sucker last week at his 12 month check and he loved it, I was a little scared he would try to stick the whole thing in his mouth, stick and all, but he didn't, it was just all over him from the drool.

Maria said...

Glad you had a fun 4th! Looks like you are enjoying Ohio! It is always fun having visitors!

Nicole Lambert said...

Your pictures are so cute! Good job with the cute little skirts! It looks like you are loving it there!!

Have a good week!

Christi said...

So cool that you guys are having such a great time out there. I hope to see you in Utah since we are moving back!!! I'm sure you have heard ...

Rob looks cute with Addi too ...

Meg said...

That's so fun that you have some family out there - the little girls looked super cute in their 4th of July outfits!

Campbell Family said...

You were slacking on my blog so Amanda went ahead and set the rest of it up :) Ha ha! Thanks for getting the ball rolling. xoxo