Monday, July 21, 2008

Utah

My Utah trip is over as of tomorrow. We had so much fun with family, but we are very excited to get back home to Abe:) The first 4 days I stayed at Dale and Margie's house (Abe's parents), and that was a lot of fun. Adeline loved seeing her little cousins, grandparents, aunts and uncles. She LOVED all the little kitties at grandpa and grandma Barker's house. I am a mean mom though and wouldn't let her touch them. I didn't think it would be the best thing for her to be touching the diseased, one-eyed kitties. I guess that's what happens when you live on a farm! During the week, Margie and I attended a clinic to learn how to edit Applied Dissertations... a little business we are going to start doing from home. It was hard to leave Adeline all day. I have never had to do that before, but it was good for her and for me! Thanks Roni, Maggi, Abbi and my mom! I am so bummed because my camera was dead and therefore was not able to take pictures while I was with them. Abbi posted some cute pictures of Adeline with her cousins Audrey and Emma on our family blog, but I can't seem to transfer them over, sorry!

The rest of the time I have been able to spend with my parents. It was fun just relaxing and seeing some more family and friends. This was a pretty big week for Adeline. Her top 4 teeth have now popped out, and it looks as though her other bottom two will be coming in. This week, I swear she learned how to make monkey, dog and cat sounds. She has been pretty entertaining too. Anything that she can climb into or onto, she will. She is a little monkey!
Here she is playing with a cute little shopping cart Abbi gave her

Adeline can climb into the bathtub all by herself.... kinda scary

Uh, I wonder why Adeline loves Grandpa Smart so much.........?????

She also climbs into the baby doll stroller herself...

We were able to spend time with my cousin Alicia, her husband Cory and their baby Cannon. Cannon and Adeline are only 4 days apart, so it was fun to see them interact.

The other day, my cute little cousins came over to see Adeline. She loved playing with them, and especially Julia's purse! Here is Julia, Lauren and Adeline

Great-Grandma Jeanne and Adeline

Grandpa Smart and Adeline




Adeline helping Nana Smart cook

Today we went to the pool with Nana and it was so much fun. There was so much commotion though and Adeline was pretty nervous. She was trying to crawl up me like a monkey the whole time.

Like I said, Adeline will climb into anything...even this colander.

And the kitchen drawers...

We had such a blast! It was fun hanging out with everyone!

8 comments:

The Davis' said...

Oh my hannah...addie is just so darn cute! :) I cannot believe how big she is now! I seriously feel like I haven't talked to you in FOREVER! We totally need to catch up! :)

Ashley said...

Oh man that age is hard when all they do is climb into things. It's so cute though, and gets better. I am glad that you had so much fun with family but it is always nice to be back with husbands. Hope your trip home goes well!

Creel Family said...

That's so nice you got to see family in Utah! I'm jealous and wish I was there too. Especially if it was the same time as you. Ha, we can dream though, right? Call me when you get back safe!

Maria said...

It was fun seeing you. Thanks for coming over. I wish we could of hungout more! You will have to come back soon!! I loved all your pictures.

The Crookstons said...

She is so funny and cute. I think that grandpas are the best at spoiling grandkids. Chase loves my dad, he is his favorite person.

Heather's blog said...

Nicole,
I have missed you so much. It was so much fun seeing you. I wish I could have seen Adeline, hopefully next time. Your pictures are so cute! Miss you tons and thanks for coming over. Love you and talk to you soon.
-Heather

Maggi said...

oh my gosh, cute pictures. She's so cute. Thanks for letting us be with her and for hanging out!! Love ya

Christi said...

I am so bummed that we missed you guys! Since we are here in UT now we will for sure see you on your next trip. I love the updates though and good job Abe on the garden!!