Adeline enjoyed not having to attend school for the entire summer. In fact, she was not looking forward to going back. Last year was a little difficult for some reason and she didn't like school very much. Some days it was a big struggle to get her to go. She had begged me not to send her to school until we got to Colorado, but that would be a lot of school that would be missed. This year, Norah was eligible to attend IY1, which is a preschool program also at AFNORTH International School. I wasn't too thrilled with her going because it is an all day/everyday program. Essentially she would be attending the same amount of time as Adeline. The first couple weeks are scattered, so she wouldn't go everyday from the start. That is a long time though for a Preschooler to be at school. There is supposable an awful preschool teacher that I have never heard a good thing about. She (supposably) speaks to the kids unkindly, puts them in time outs for 45 minutes, etc. I told Abe that I would sign Norah up and then decide later if I wanted to send her; but that if she got THAT teacher, I for sure wouldn't send her! Well guess what? She got THAT teacher and I immediately decided I wasn't sending her. Abe had a different opinion and talked me into sending her and we can pull her out at any moment that we feel it is not a good thing. I was a little stressed out from the start about Norah attending all day, everyday and with this teacher AND I was worried how Adeline was going to handle school. To my surprise, everything has gone well so far. Adeline has a great teacher and has met a lot of new friends. She was initially really sad because all her best girl friends were in different classes than her. Norah has enjoyed school so far. She is extremely tired at the end of the day, but she hasn't complained too much. Her teacher really likes her and has said all good things. Her teacher also told me that she had a really hard group of kids last year and that it was quite challenging, but that she has one of the best groups this year. Hopefully the girls will continue to have a good time at school until we leave!
Adeline: Ms. Dittmer
Norah: Mrs. Geilen-Rosenberg

The girls together in front of their school
No comments:
Post a Comment