Sunday, February 12, 2012

Meika at 2 weeks, Aachen and some catch up


I can't believe that Meika is already two weeks old. The days and weeks seem to be flying by. At Meika's 2 week check up, she weighed a whooping 6 lbs 14 oz and was 20 inches long. I can't believe she gained a pound in just over a week! She is a very good eater and eats every 2-3 hours. The nights have been a crap shoot with her. Some nights, she quietly wakes up, eats, and then goes right back to bed. Other nights when she wakes up to eat, she likes to scream awhile and takes a long time to get back to bed... which makes for a long night. 2 nights ago she decided to wake up every 15 minutes and scream. That was not a very fun night! She is still sleeping a lot during the day. She has her moments of being very content and happy, but then of course she loves to scream just like both of our other kids did. Adeline didn't grow out of her fussiness till 4 months, Norah was 3 months, so I am crossing my fingers Meika will beat both of them and hopefully be closer to 2 months! We shall see! I may be eating my words soon, but so far the transition to 3 really has not been bad at all. Adeline and Norah play together all day and keep each other entertained. Adeline and Norah love Meika and have not shown any signs of jealousy. Abe is also able to be home a lot. It is easy for me to escape to the store, or go run errands if I need to without kids.

{Meika at 4 days old}



{9 days old}



We have been so lucky too. We really haven't been here too long, and have already been taken care of. My friend Sara set up meals a week straight for us and then I have another friend that set up 3 more meals for us. I feel really spoiled that everyone else has been cooking for us and that I haven't really had to make dinner since I had Meika. Here are the girls enjoying a cupcake the other night from my friend Beth. Norah had me laughing pretty hard with the frosting all over her face!






Rewind back to before I had Meika. My mom flew out so she could help me with the girls and spend some time with us. Of course I was overdue and was getting really frustrated that the time was ticking when my mom would have to leave. The first handful of days she was here it rained and we really couldn't do anything outside. Once it stopped raining, we were actually able to sight see a little bit. We took her to Sittard in the Netherlands and went to the Market and walked around. Unfortunately I was really bad about taking pictures, so I don't really have anything to show for it. When I was about 4 or 5 days overdue, we took a little trip down to Aachen. I loved walking around there and the Cathedral was amazing inside!










The day after we got home from the hospital with Meika, it snowed for the very first time this season. Adeline was so excited because she has been saying all winter long that she wanted to make a snow man. We really only got a couple inches of snow, but they were able to muster up a snowman.


Of course my mom had the girls very entertained when she was here and they loved every second of it. Adeline was doing all sorts of little projects with my mom.


I loved having my mom here and honestly wish she could have been here longer! It was really sad to see her go, but we look forward to her coming again when we can actually go travel and explore!

2 comments:

Brooke said...

You might have your moments with 3, but it really isn't that bad. Seeing your pictures of your sightseeing trips makes me really wish we were some place like that.
That is the cutest little snowman I have ever seen!!

Amanda Waite said...

She is such a great combo of Norah and Adeline! Crazy!! Can't wait to come visit soon! xoxo