Monday, February 27, 2012

Happy Birthday to me


We celebrated my 29th birthday on Saturday. We didn't really do much during the day. Abe had to be at the church all morning helping with the road show that the youth will be doing. He did come home with a bouquet of red tulips that are really pretty. I could definitely get used to having fresh flowers all the time. They are SO cheap here! It also helps that the florist is a block and a half away from our house. In the afternoon my german friend and her daughter stopped by. She made me a pretty cake (that I can't eat since I am off dairy) and brought me a present. So nice of her.




{dairy free rice crispy treat cake... and Abe also added lucky charms? These were the only candles that abe could find around the house. Oh well, I can be 21 again}


Birthday cards from Adeline




That night we got a sitter to watch Adeline and Norah. Abe took me to KOBE, a Hibachi/sushi restaurant in Holland that was right next to the shopping streets along the river. It was really nice. I still feel like a little kid. Weird that I have 3 kids!

{this was a neat bridge over the river right outside the restaurant....stle it off the internet. I suck at bringing my own camera}

1 comment:

The Crookstons said...

Happy Birthday!! I never remember to take pictures ever. Your girls are so cute, and growing up so fast!