We started off the month by celebrating Abe's 31st birthday. Can you believe that he is already 31... haha! He keeps reminding me that I am also approaching 30, however I still have a couple more years :)




Next came Adeline's little accident. We were eating dinner together and Adeline (for once in her life) finished before us. She left the table and started playing with her toys. Apparantly she decided she need a toy the was placed highest on the toy shelf and pushed her little chair over and started reaching for it. The chair slipped out beaneath her and flipped her backwards hitting her head on the edge of the shelf. She started screaming and I ran over to pick her up and console her. Not too long after we realized that her white hair was red with a lot of blood coming out of her wound. After the ER and 3 staples later, she was all right! She was so brave and it made me so proud of her. Did I mention that we were leaving for Utah at 5am the next morning?




Then came our trip to UTAH. We had a blast seeing our families and were also able to see our good friends (also our neighbors) from Ohio. Since I have a million pictures I am not going to put them in any particular.... we had a blast :) The day before we left, Abe and his friend Justin went snowboarding for a last Hurrah. It had snowed a bunch the night before and was a great ski day! On the first run, Abe caught an edge and did a front flip onto his head and shoulder. He thought that he had broke it at first and was in SO much pain. Not only that but he had a minor concussion. Of course Abe didn't want to be a cripple and wouldn't get help down. So he slowly snowboarded to the bottom of the mountain (after having to go up two more lifts even to start going down) and was lucky he didn't fall and hurt it even more. As soon as they got back to the condo, I took Abe into the Urgent care. I also made Adeline come because it made it kind of convienent to get her staples out! 5 x-rays later, a morphine shot and a drugged husband, we were sent home. I have never seen him in so much pain. They pretty much said that he didn't break anything but tore a bunch of different things in his shoulder. Since we have been home he has had two MRIs and they concluded that he has tears and sprains. Nothing is bad enough that he needs surgery or anything, so that is good. He will just need to heal and some physical therapy. It is pretty gross though because his collar bone looks like it is popping outwards. Not sure what is up with that!


































While we were in Utah Boston had a couple huge snowstorms. Luckily we have good friends out here that got one of our cars of the street and parked it in the driveway so it wouldn't be buried when we got home. The night we got back in town, it snowed a ton again. Luckily we were still able to use our tickets to go to the Celtics/Jazz game. I loved going out on a much needed date with Abe, got some Italian on Hanover street and enjoyed some Basketball. Too bad the Jazz sucked!!!


Just last week we had ANOTHER huge snow storm and since Abe's shoulder has been somewhat out of commission, I had to shovel all the walkways. I was at least pretty darn proud of myself :) Abe ended up snowshoeing to work after the base delay and I took the girls sledding on the street.


Here is Norah throwing a little "tizzy" right before we were heading out in the snow... gotta love it.







Last but not least here is a little laugh for you. Adeline is pretty funny and ALWAYS has to "set" her clothes out just as if they were on a person before she puts them on. Last night when we went upstairs to put Adeline to bed she showed me that she picked an outfit for preschool the next day (this morning). We got a good laugh about her choice of outfit. She even had her headband, socks, shoes and underwear set out in the correct places. And guess what I let her wear today? That exact outfit!
6 comments:
you guys are so busy and always doing something fun! Great pics! What's wrong with Abe's shoulder?
Looks like you guys had a busy, interesting, scary, fun month. I totally hear you on the not having time to update a blog. I finally posted something new after forever. I want to come visit you in Boston!!!
ohhhhhh no. Sounds eerily familiar!
Adeline is hilarious. The girl knows how to accessorize!
Wow you guys have been busy! I can't believe the snow you're getting out there. Adeline cracks me up and I love that picture of Norah's face on top of that skier - ha! So glad no one was too badly injured and happy late birthday to Abe!
So glad you got a trip to utah. Looks like you had a good time. That picture of Norah, her friend and her cat is hilarious!
Post a Comment