Friday, January 7, 2011

Norah's 1st Birthday!

We decided to celebrate Norah's birthday on January 1st so we could solely focus on her instead of sharing it with New Year's Eve. We invited Adeline's friend Mary and her family to celebrate with us. We went into Cambridge and went ice skating. Norah actually didn't even participate since she is only 12 months old, but she loved watching her older sister, ate snacks and danced to the music that was playing. Adeline was hilarious and LOVED it! She kept wanting to go all by herself and would skate away from your hands. She did fall on her butt quite a lot, which seems like it would hurt since she hardly has any cushion back there :) She didn't seem to mind though except for the fact that it was a little wet. Her friend freaked out a little and decided that she didn't want to go ice skating. Eventually she realized what she was missing out on and went "shoe skating".










After ice skating we came back home and had dinner. I made little wrapped up hot dog people for the girls (Norah love them :). Adeline insisted that we have a "birthday party" for Norah and to get birthday plates and balloons... so that is what we did. We also made Norah some cupcakes. Right after we sang Happy Birthday to Norah, she reached out to touch the candle and I reached forward and pushed her hand away. We all maybe made a gasp as well. I am pretty sure she didn't get burnt, but we all scared her and sensitive little Norah started crying. I felt bad that I ruined the moment by putting it to close to her. She was so excited before that all happened. Eventually she gave back in though, stopped crying, and tried the cupcake. She liked it!






For presents she opened a little stuffed animal elephant from Grandma Barker. She loved it so much and sat there hugging and rocking it. She didn't really care to open her other presents, so Mary and Adeline took turns opening them up for her!





I can't believe that little Norah is already a year old! The time is going by WAY to fast and I don't like it. 2010 was probably the fastest year in my life thus far. Seems like yesterday that I had her. Norah is so darling and I really wish I could freeze this stage.

Some things about Norah at 12 months-

-Weight: 17 lbs 8 oz - 5% percentile
-I have no idea what her height and head is.....
-Still loving.... loves to give kisses, hugs, rub your back
-loves babies
-loves Chloe
-jabbers all the time and we have no idea what she is saying. Still doesn't say any distinct words. She kind of says "That" when she points at something. "Dadda's" are still babies :)
-Has 4 teeth and 2 more coming in
-Just started walking 4 days after her birthday!
-cries herself to sleep for naps and night time
-loves music and dancing
-loves putting her hands over her eyes to play "pick a boo"
-loves Adeline
-loves breastfeeding and I am TRYING to wean her.... so hard!
-likes to scribble on paper
-loves turning on and off lights
-loves crawling into Chloe's kennel and playing in there
-favorite food: peas, drink yogurts, cheese, hot dogs, green beans, corn, noodles

4 comments:

Amanda Waite said...

Happy birthday Norah girl!! SHe looks so cute! Its her party, she can cry if she wants to! :)

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Norah! She is so adorable and looks so happy!

You two make beautiful babies, Nicole!!

- Tracy :)

Preston and Lisa said...

she is so big and soooooo stinkin cute!! Happy Birthday Norah! We miss you guys!

Carley and Chad Evenson said...

I haven't looked at your blog for a while. I LOVE all the pics, your girls are so freaking cute! So guess what, chad is back in Delaware and we might be joining him, i'll keep you updated when i get more info.