Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Baby Boot camp

We are in the midst of baby boot camp right now. Norah has gotten in the very bad habit of only falling asleep if she is a) fed to sleep or b) in her car seat. Boy did we need to break this awful habit. I have been out of town for nearly the past month (my reason for lack of blogging), so now we have started the boot camp. Let me just tell you... after a handful of days of letting her "scream it out", she is doing so well. She went right to bed today for naps and bedtime. I am so happy! It really works!

As far as the blogging goes, I am hoping to start documenting our adventures from this past month starting tomorrow.

3 comments:

Shelby and Johnny Family said...

Nice. We've done the same thing with Hazel lately and it's really worked out. Don't worry about us not meeting up in Utah. We were so busy too! That happens when you have a lot of family and friends to meet up with. There were a few people i was really sad I didn't get to see either. Hope things keep going well for you guys. Miss you like crazy! We should try for august, but it's okay if life happens. Talk to ya soon!

Joel and Sara said...

I agree! It worked for Jaeda too. Although it is not working very well in the middle of the night. Just when you put her "down" for the night.

Meg said...

Good luck with that! I'm so grateful we did the same "sleep training" with Beck - the whole crying it out thing was miserable, but now he is so good about going to bed, I love it. My doctor reminded me that I wasn't making him cry but teaching him an important skill :)