Last Friday the base had a 5k run. I really wanted to run it even though I hadn't worked out at all since I had Norah. So the week of I ran a couple times and then had Abe run the actual race with me. He was nice enough to push the jogger :) I am hoping to run another half marathon in October and figure I need to start getting in shape. Plus I still need to work off the baby fat that is not coming off as easily as it did with Adeline. Abe and I have NEVER ran together before, so I really enjoyed it. He doesn't like to run with me because I like to run SLOW, like a 10 minute mile. Abe on the other hand would like to run a 7 minute mile, but not run over 3 miles. He said it wasn't that bad though since he had to run with the stroller. We had to run up a pretty big hill as well, and I imagine I would have died if I was pushing that sucker. The entire time Adeline kept telling us she wanted to get out and run as well to get some exercise. We promised her that at the end of the race she could get out and run across the finish line; and that's just what she did. She loved it because everyone thought she was so cute and was cheering for her. I was just crossing my fingers she would not trip and fall. She had her shoes on the wrong feet and was running with her head to the side looking at everyone who was cheering. It is not uncommon for her to do a head plant. Lucky for her that didn't happen. There were probably only about 30 people total that ran the race. I got lucky because apparently there was only one other girl in my division and she just "happened" to finish after me. So I won my division even though we were so slow! I got a $25 gift card, a gift bag and a gift certificate for any kind of new balance shoes I want. Awesome. They even put together a prize for Adeline and called her up to get her award. She got a really cute stuffed animal. It was really fun! Good job Adeline for running your first 5K!
These two other videos have nothing to do with the 5k, but I thought they were cute....
Great job on the race! I did the same thing with Michael but he finished four minutes before me! He didn't have a stroller. Good luck on the half marathon! How are the kids? I'll call you!
You did awesome on the race. A 10 min mile. And you haven't even trained. Thats really awesome. And Adeline is a great little runner too... I'm excited to see them and You of course when your out here.
Oh my gosh Nicole, I can't even tell you how much I'm missing you and those babies, and can't wait to see you SO soon. I'm just going to scoop Norah up and squeeze her. Johanna loved the videos, and kept saying, "she looked at me again, Mom!!" I SO wish we lived closer.... :(
Way to go Nicole. I'm impressed and that is hilarious about Adeline. We really need to catch up soon, I swear I say that every time but it's true. Notice what time everyone else leaves blog comments. I must be backwards!
haha, that was awsome, and i totally would have been scared of her falling too, especially with all those people around, it would have killed her buzz!
9 comments:
Great job on the race! I did the same thing with Michael but he finished four minutes before me! He didn't have a stroller. Good luck on the half marathon! How are the kids? I'll call you!
way to go!
Really fun videos. Adeline is just like you Nicole! Energetic and fun. It is so fun to see her blossom. Norah is a doll.
Mom
You did awesome on the race. A 10 min mile. And you haven't even trained. Thats really awesome.
And Adeline is a great little runner too... I'm excited to see them and You of course when your out here.
Adeline is so cute running across the finish line! Fun that you got it on tape.
Oh my gosh Nicole, I can't even tell you how much I'm missing you and those babies, and can't wait to see you SO soon. I'm just going to scoop Norah up and squeeze her. Johanna loved the videos, and kept saying, "she looked at me again, Mom!!" I SO wish we lived closer.... :(
Way to go Nicole. I'm impressed and that is hilarious about Adeline. We really need to catch up soon, I swear I say that every time but it's true. Notice what time everyone else leaves blog comments. I must be backwards!
yeah Adeline!!
haha, that was awsome, and i totally would have been scared of her falling too, especially with all those people around, it would have killed her buzz!
Post a Comment