
We went sledding and met our good friends the Hubers. We are going to to miss them when we move! They are going to be moving to Texas right after we move to Boston, so we need to spend as much time together as possible before we all separate. It sucks moving all the time in the Air Force. You meet good friends, and then you just have to leave. However it is nice because all your friends have to leave as well, so you are all in the same boat. Anyway, we had fun sledding. The girls only lasted about 15 minutes and were done. Adeline was a little afraid of going down the big hill in the sled, but had a blast playing and eating the snow (yuck, not clean).



Saturday night we went out to dinner with Rob at yummy Mongolian BBQ. Unfortunately right when we got there a guy had a stroke and the ambulance and fire trucks came. We saw them giving CPR to him and his wife freaking out. Then we walked away since we had about an hour wait before we could eat. I almost wish I didn't see it. I have TOO much empathy and then it eats me up. I think about him and his wife getting ready for dinner, going to spend the night out together, and then little did they know this may be the last... He's probably also a dad, a grandpa.... My friends sister works at a Tissue bank and they get calls when there is a death in the area. She said she got a call about a guy that died at a restraunt that night. Makes me feel so bad. You just never know what could happen.
Other than that, we just hung out and watch a lot of Olympics. They are so addicting!! Thanks for coming and visiting us Rob!
4 comments:
we were totally at the restaurant too! except we got there at 6ish and were on the other side of the restaurant.
glad you had fun sledding.
aww, I had to hold back the tears as I read this!! We're going to miss you guys soooo much! Good thing is I KNOW we'll keep in touch and maybe someday we'll be stationed at the same place again.
We had fun sledding with you guys and I know Allie is super excited about the museums. Have fun tomorrow and hope you had a good birthday!!
Happy birthday! I hope you had a great day. I love all the pictures. And I also love watching the olympics, they are super addicting!
I don't like it when things like that happen either. It does make you take everything in a whole new light, and just enjoy everything you have been given. Especially the time with your sweetheart!
Post a Comment