Friday, December 18, 2009

merry christmas

Last weekend we went to our Ward Party. Adeline knew that Santa was going to be there and didn't stop talking about it all day long. As soon as he arrived at the party, she decided that she didn't want to see him anymore and got scared. Abe sat with her and watched all the other little kids go through the line and sit on his lap.... and get a candy cane, which she really wanted. After about 1/2 hour of watching, Abe convinced her to wait in line. The whole time she was glaring and was not the happiest camper. She was SO brave though. Abe kneeled down by santa holding her and she whispered in his ear " I want a pink baby". She REALLY wanted to tell him that. Then Abe got her to sit on his lap for a second so she could get a candy cane. She didn't look at me once... so I got pretty horrible pictures. She has been talking about him ever since and always tells us, "Santa's nice!"




Here are our pictures that were going to be on our Christmas Cards. I thought I would all wish you a merry christmas right now since we will not be sending them out anymore. I have been so busy. When it finally got around time to order my cards I thought it would be silly because I just want to send another one out once the baby is born. So we most likely will be sending a New Year's Card??




For all of you guys that guessed I would go a week and a half early (last saturday or sunday)... I am still pregnant. Thanks for the high hopes though. Over a week ago I went to the Doctor and was told I was 2cm dilated and 80% effaced. That is great since I was nothing 5 days late with Adeline. I went again this morning and I am the same... bummer. I REALLY want this baby to come before Christmas. My doctor says my cervix is ready and she is so low that I could go into labor tonight... but she could also hang out there and go overdue. So don't hold your breath!!!

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!

7 comments:

Amy (Jones) & Lance Engberson Family said...

Such cute pictures of you little fam...Don't worry the babe will be here soon. I can't wait to see pictures of her. Go curb walking that always helps...

Laura said...

Even though Adeline didn't cooperate, the pictures with Santa are super cute.

Hang in there being pregnant. You're nearly done and you'll have your sweet baby! Maybe she'll share Dallin's birthday (the 20th)!

Laurie said...

If we don't see you, have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! Good luck with delivery. I hope it goes smoothly for you. I can't wait to see pictures of your little one. It looks like you might not have her before we go on our trip. Hang in there, it can't be too much longer. :)

Katie said...

I love the Santa pictures! Adeline looks very serious.

Tracy said...

Love the pics! A New Year's card sounds great! I should have thought of that. Hope you have an easy and quick delivery!

Merry Christmas!

Meg said...

Adeline is so darling with Santa! I'm glad she went and sat on his lap. I'm checking your blog all the time waiting for the announcement that your little baby has arrived - have you tried all the crazy tricks rumored to put you into labor?? I did with Beck, nothing worked and I was induced a week past my due date...but it wouldn't hurt, right? Good luck with everything!

Tori Dumke said...

Your family pictures are so cute! The ones of Addie with Santa are funny. I can't wait for you to have your little baby!! That's great your mom is coming out, I'm jealous! I'll be getting updates on labor from your parents, we're going to their house tomorrow night. Love you.