Monday, December 28, 2009

Christmas

We have had a fun week. Abe's mom Margie came and visited us until Christmas morning and Adeline absolutely loved it! She was hoping to see the baby before she left, but that never happened. We still had fun getting pedicures, shopping, and just hanging out. On Christmas Eve we had a nice dinner and opened some presents that Margie brought since she was leaving really early Christmas morning.



Margie flew out about 7am on Christmas and my parents flew in about 1:30pm on Christmas Day. So we ended up celebrating another Christmas Eve, and then actually celebrated Christmas the day after. Adeline was so excited that Santa came and was so much fun to watch. Every present she got she wanted to spend time and play with it. Her #1 thing that she asked Santa for: a "pink" baby... which he brought her. She has been obsessed with it! It was such a fun day.








Since then we have been hanging out waiting for this baby to come. Today I am 40 weeks and 4 days... so depressing!! My dad is leaving tomorrow morning, so he is totally going to miss it as well. It makes me sad since we live so far away from family. I feel like I am never going to have this baby. I have been dilated and effaced for weeks, had my membranes stripped twice, worked out a lot, got a pedicure, taken evening primrose oil, drank Red Raspberry Leaf tea, ate spicy food, used a pump, etc, etc, etc. For people who think that you can help labor on your own, I am not a believer anymore!! I have done EVERYTHING that you can possibly think of (except for Castor Oil... I refuse). HOpefully this baby will come soon. I have a doctors appointment tomorrow and am hoping he can help me get this going! Just as long as she comes before the 1st of January!!


Today we have been pretty lazy and have been laying around. Adeline did get to go sledding for a little bit in the neighborhood. Abe tied Chloe up to the sled and the road were icy enough that Chloe was able to pull her. Pretty funny.

8 comments:

rachwheel said...

So sorry Nicole. I think for the most part, the baby comes when it wants to. My husband and a bunch of his nine siblings were weeks late.
Hopefully soon :)

Brooke said...

if you would just try what we've told you to do she would have been here a week ago ;)
No, but really, I've been thinking about you. Figured if I hadn't heard from you she still must be hibernating.
Hopefully it will be soon!!

Mindy said...

Oh, I was hoping this was a new baby post! I guess your babies like to come late. Cute Christmas pictures. I'm glad you've had family around. Can't wait to hear about baby #2. Hey, if she hangs on til Jan 3rd, she and Nash will have the same b-day! I hope she gets here before then though.

Tracy said...

Dang! I was hoping this was a "she's here" post! Love all the Christmas pics & hope your appointment goes well tomorrow! Keep us posted... :)

brandy said...

I thought for sure that this post was going to be about your Christmas baby! I can't believe how she is making you wait! I'll be checking everyday now to see if you have had her yet! Glad you had a Merry Christmas! Good luck!!!

Meg said...

Still no baby huh?! I loved the Christmas pictures and it's so nice that your mom can be there. Is there a possibility of you being induced so the baby arrives before 2010? I can't wait for her to get here!

SaRah G. said...

Holy cow!! I can't believe she isn't here yet! I thought this is what this post would be about!!! I'm like Brandy. I will have to keep checking back!! Good luck!!!

Tami H. said...

Great pictures! Glad you got to see so much family! Acuptuncture if she doesn't come tonight!!