Monday, April 20, 2009

Finished garden & Funny story



We had the nicest weather over the weekend. I think it was in the low seventies!! We were quite busy. Abe helped a friend move and worked on our garden all day Saturday. A couple weeks ago we started growing vegetables and herbs in our house to get a little head start and it was definitely time to plant them. It looks great and I am so excited for everything to grow! I have been pretty busy with Photography. I had 3 shoots in 3 days this past weekend.

After Abe finished the garden on Saturday him and Adeline were playing outside and laying on the lawn. I was in the house editing pictures on my computer and next thing I know Abe comes in wondering if Adeline was with me. Uh, NO! Gosh, my worst nightmare that she would run out in the street by herself or get taken by someone. Abe claimed that Adeline ran away for a couple of seconds and by the time he stood up she was gone, so he assumed she had come inside. Anyway, Abe started searching for her around the house and couldn't find her. All of a sudden he heard our neighbors laughing. These neighbors are an older couple that LOVE Adeline. They always give her toys, swing with her and most importantly, they have a cat (Adeline is obsessed with cats). So Abe walked over to their house and they had Adeline. She had walked over to their front door and knocked. They heard the knock and opened the door surprised to have a little tiny visitor all by herself! So scary story ended up pretty funny.... but we have to keep our eyes closer on her!

8 comments:

Brooke said...

scary! that had to be a huge relief. the pic of Adeline is REALLY cute!

Ashley said...

That is scary. I know the feeling of your heart sinking into your stomach looking for a kid even if it's only a few seconds in a store or something. I'm glad that your photography is picking up. Wish we lived close so you could take some of my kdis!

The Waites said...

haha...miss independent!

Maria said...

I am glad you found her!! She is a handful huh? Glad your business is going well. We are planting a garden too. We are still doing prep work. It is finally getting nice here. I hope all is well, we need to catch up!

Meg said...

How scary! That is totally my worst nightmare too. I'm glad you found her...how funny that she walked herself over to your neighbors. I think I will be here in June when you come - we need to hook up this time - I miss you!

Katie said...

So scary, but I am sure your neighbors didn't mind a visitor as cute as Adeline. My mom saw her at church and thought she was darling.

~Conradis~ said...

that is funny, but I can understand the panic of your little hearts!

AshlieM said...

Hey Nicole! Your little family is adorable. I so happy that we found each others blogs! i love your photography too.