Thursday, October 2, 2008

October?

I can't believe that it is already October. I keep thinking, "where has the summer gone!" Over the last two days, our weather changed pretty drastically. It was in the 80's and today it was in the 50's. I stayed in sweat pants and fuzzy socks the whole day because I couldn't get warm. It's starting to feel like fall though, and I love that we are finally living in a place with seasons!

Here is a funny video of Adeline teasing Chloe. She loves to go grab Chloes treat bag and chase her around the house with them. She also says "mmmm" when she picks them up and would like to eat them. She cracks me up.


I LOVE this age right now. Everyone says I will say that about every age, and that is probably true. She is so fun right now. Also pretty hard at times since she has a mind of her own, but still fun. She is throwing a lot of tantrums lately, but even when she is completely losing it, I still love her so much and think she is the cutest thing ever.

She is a "mini me" right now. She wants to do EVERYTHING that I am doing. If I am vacuuming, she has to help. If I am cooking, she has to help... and so on and so forth. Tonight we found her with two rags in her hands cleaning off her high chair and also the floor.

Also tonight, she kept standing in front of me and whining while I was trying to cook dinner as she was grabbing onto my legs. So, I put her on the counter and let her hold a spoon so she could try to stir the food and participate. Then, voila, she was happy.


This may be boring for some of you, so you can skip through this part if you want. I just need to document what Adeline is doing right now.
*
We taught Adeline how to sign just over a week ago and she can now sign:

Please
More
All done
Ball
Can fold her arms for prayer
blow a kiss...not sure if that counts as a sign
*
The animal Sounds she can do:

dog
cat
fish
horse
bunny
Bear (sometimes)
monkey
*
She Can say:

Ma ma
da da
doggy
shoe
kitty
thank you
night night
no (na)
Chloe (she hasn't said this in over a month. I think she forgot)
uh oh
*
Some of Adeline's favorite things:

outside
collecting rocks
holding chloe's leash and taking her on walks
chase chloe
her blankie
babies
carrots
doing tripods
climb stairs
play with shoes and put them on
play with jewelry
splash in chloe's water bowl
visiting our neighbors
cats (I hate cats)
loves to bark, she can hear a dog from miles away

7 comments:

Ashley said...

I think 12-18 is the best. So cute, and she is such a smart girl. Sounds like she is talking a lot. Cute video. It's nice Chloe keeps her entertained. Thomas is obsessed with dogs!

Jocie said...

you "mini-me" is too cute! I have a pug too and just love them.

The Waites said...

Oh your post made me miss you guys so much. :( I can't wait to see you guys in 18 days!!!!! Yay!!!

Okay Girl said...

I miss you guys............
way way way way way way bad........
love you...
Roni

Harmony said...

Hi Nicole,
Haven't looked at your blog forever and I can't believe how big adeline is getting! she is such a doll and a perfect mix of you and abe. one picture she looks like you and the next one just like abe. I'm so happy to see you doing so well. I love the pics of Adeline going down the slide. -very brave. and the sunflower pictures are darling!!! You are so pretty! take care, H

Tori Dumke said...

Oh my goodness Nicole, she is SO cute! I can't believe how old she has gotten! I haven't seen her since she was starting to stand. I love hearing about all that she is doing and seeing the cute pictures. It looks like your cute family is doing well! I can't wait to see you when you come down later this month. I love you!

Maria said...

She is getting so smart and so big!!