Friday, October 31, 2008

Beggar's Night & Halloween

Last night we celebrated Beggar's Night, which is the same thing as Trick-or Treating. I have always known to trick or treat on Halloween, so this was new for us. I guess that every year it is a different day and sometimes it falls on Halloween. Why? Not sure. So last night we took Adeline Trick or Treating. I wasn't sure if she was going to like it, because she seems to get shy around people she doesn't know. I was wrong though. She loved it! She even helped to tap on the doors and gladly held out her pumpkin for them to put candy in.... and she KNEW she was getting candy. Afterwards, she would even say "tank tu" to them. Our neighbors that love Adeline so much even got her a little special treat bag filled with treats. I was very pleased with how the night went. Our neighborhood was packed full of little kids walking around and a lot of the neighbors were camped right outside of their doors passing out candy. Here are a couple pictures of last night.




When we got home from Trick or Treating, Adeline went through her huge stash of candy and picked out all the suckers and was trying to eat all of them. I ended up giving her one and she ate it in about 2 minutes. She practically begged me for another one, so I gave in for a second sucker. Halloween is only once a year, right? By the way, I have almost finished off her stash of candy :)


This morning for Halloween, Adeline and I went to the mall and met Alexis and Laura (& their kids) to go to a little Halloween party. It was pretty lame, so we just ended up letting the kids play in the play area in the mall and then went to the pet store. Tonight, Abe, Adeline and I went to a Halloween party at our neighbors house. We got invited late last night, so did not have costumes. I just ended up being a cat and made pretty lame cat ears and Abe wrapped himself up in cling wrap and was "dressed" up as leftovers. He won't let me post a picture, so you can just use your imagination. Let's just say that both our costumes were pretty lame! Here is a picture of Adeline and I tonight-- two cats.

7 comments:

Ashley said...

What a cutie!! I ate most of Thomas' stash also...you can only sneak it so long. woops!

Tanna said...

Adeline looks super cute! As for you and Abe, I'm disappointed :)....as your kids get older, it's practically a requirement that YOU dress up with them. Here's something that I do that helps. The week after Halloween I go to places like Target, Walmart, Walgreens etc and buy all their costumes & mismatched pieces at like 75-80% off and that's what my kids use for their dress ups all year long. Keelie has a ton of princess dresses & Kaden has alot of super heroes costumes that way that I could never afford otherwise. Plus I put my costume together this year entirely out of stuff in my "Halloween Bucket" that I've bought in years past. Anyways, just an idea. I'm glad you had so much fun. You guys are looking great!!!

brandy said...

Hey Nicole! It's Brandy Dunaway from the ward! I saw your link off of Sassy's blog. Adeline looks so cute in her costume! I'm with you about why they have trick or treating on a different day than Halloween...it's so weird!
Thanks for letting me peek in...
I have a blog but it's private. If you would like an invite just email me azdunaway@hotmail.com

Maria said...

What an adorable costume! She is such a cutie!! How are you guys?? We need to catch up!!

Harmony said...

You guys look so cute all dressed up. thank goodness halloween is only once a year, for our sake, I'm having a hard time staying away from devyn's candy too.

Thanks for the baby Emerson post, I was counting on you to have some more cute pics. :- )

Tyler and Emily said...

What a cute costume!! Emerson is so cute, how fun you got to go out there to see him!

Mindy said...

So cute. What a fun Halloween. Your trip to CA looks like it was fun too. A baby boy in the Smart family, that's somethin new!