Here are her new teeth
Adeline was really hyper tonight and so I thought I would video a little bit of it because she was being hilarious. Of course when I started taping her, she calmed down a bit
Tonight I made really yummy tortilla soup and a dessert. They actually were both very easy and SO good from Kraft foods. I didn't take any pictures of the soup...sorry. Here are the recipes:
TORTILLA SOUP
for the soup--
2 Tbsp. Italian Dressing
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 cans chicken broth
1 1/2 C. Water
6 frozen small boneless skinless chicken breast halves
1 can (15oz) tomato sauce
toppings--
4 cups tortilla chips, crushed
1/2 cup shredded cheese
1/3 cup sour cream
1 large avocado, peeled pitted and chopped
2 Tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro
Mix dressing and garlic in large saucepan; cook on medium-high heat 1 min., stirring occasionally. Gradually add broth and water, stirring until well blended. Add chicken. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer 20 min. or until chicken is cooked through. Remove chicken from broth mixture; cool slightly. Pour broth through a fine-mesh strainer; return broth to pan.
Shred chicken; return to pan. Stir in tomato sauce. Cook on medium-high heat until heated through, stirring occasionally.
Ladel soup into soup bowls. Garnish with the topping ingredients.
Supposed to make 8 servings. But we were pigs and for us it probably on made about 3. You can count on at least 4 unless you are pigs like us. Mmmm, it's so good.
Here are pics of the dessert...
STRAWBERRY WHIPPED SENSATION
4 cups fresh strawberries, divided
1 can (14oz) sweetened condensed milk
1/4 lemon juice
1 tub (8 oz) cool whip whipped toping, thawed divided
8 oreo chocolate sandwich cookies
1 Tbsp. butter, melted
-shape foil onto outside of 8x4 inch loaf pan. Line inside of pan with shaped foil, with ends extending over sides of pan.
-Mash 2 Cups of the strawberries in large bowl. Stir in condensed milk and juice
-Stir 2 cups of the whipped topping into strawberry mixture. Pour into prepared pan
-Finely chop cookies. Combine cookies and butter. soon over whipped topping mixture in pan.
-Cover cookie mixture with ends of foil and gently press cookie mixture into whipped topping mixture. Freeze 6 hours or until firm.
-Insert dessert onto serving plate when ready to serve (flip up-side down); remove pan and foil. Spread remaining whipped topping onto top and sides of dessert.
-slice remaining 2 cups strawberries; arrange on dessert. Store leftovers in freezer.
7 comments:
I blame everything on teething....
Global warming, teething.
National Debt, teething.
Bad Hair Day, teething.
You get my point. It's always the teeth.
You inspired me to start my own blog! Check it out at: http://katieandjkplusone.blogspot.com/, but it's private so send me your email and I'll add you.
Hope all is well!
Oh Good! So I have a couple more years of this behavior to look forward to! I was really hoping he would grow out of it a little sooner. Oh well. They are pretty darn cute!
I used to also always blame everything on teething but now that Kyson is almost three, I need to come to terms with a REAL tantrum. Good luck. Your dinner & dessert sound really yummy.
Yummy I might have to try that tonight. I know what you mean about the teeth. Not fun. Now that all of Thomas' are in I can no longer use it as an excuse for any unexplained craziness. 2 year molars are the WORST be warned!!
I have made that desert. It is so good, and really easy. It is like chocolate-crusted-strawberry-ice-cream, without all the time it takes to make ice cream. yum.
Hey Nicole, It's Tanna, yes I stalk your blog regularly lol, and Megan & Mori's too. Ha ha. Anyways i want to try those recipies but can't get them to copy & paste, could you email them to me please? And if you're interested I can send you an invite for my blog, it's set to private because of the obvious.
Thanks, minime_dyer@hotmail.com
Ohh yes, I almost forgot... go buy Hyland's Teething Tablets..they are a complete lifesaver for parents of teething babies. Trust me, you will thank me later. :)
Post a Comment