So I knitted a Christmas stocking for Adeline, and then I eventually want to knit one for Abe, me and our other kids to come. I actually started it in California last year, and never finished it. Thanks to Alexis, she helped me figure out how to start on the heal and finish the sock. We have been trying to get together every week and let the girls run around and play, or fight while we knit. It has been pretty fun. Anyway, I finished Adeline's stocking, BUT, it is ENORMOUS. If I hold it up next to her, they are the same size. I think she could fit in it. So I am a little disappointed that it looks like it belongs to a giant. As I was kind of comlaining to Abe about it last night, he tried to make me feel better and said, "It looks good. You are like the only person I know that can do this!" Thanks Abe :) Even though I'm sure LOTS of people could do it. My next ones I will try to make smaller. Here is the final product.


This morning we walked up the street to the park so Adeline could swing and go down the slides. Chloe met a big Boxer friend and they ran around together. I think Chloe thinks she is big sometimes. The owner of the Boxer couldn't believe how fast Chloe ran. So we came home, Adeline ate lunch, we Skyped Nana and Grandpa Smart and then I went upstairs to put Adeline to bed. When I came back downstairs, this is what I found.....Chloe had put herself to bed on the couch (she is not allowed) AND snuggled up to the blanket. She is so tired she is falling asleep sitting up.

Oh, and of course a picture of Adeline....what a cute little monkey
8 comments:
I think it is cute. You did a good job for your first stocking. Good thing your mom was able to help you figure out some of those crazy stitches.
that stocking is SOO adorable. adeline is going to thank you a million times over that it's so big because there's just more room for santa to stick stuff in! that's such a good idea for christmas...maybe i'll have to attempt it next year. the only thing i've done with a pattern before is mittens, i've heard socks are a bit harder. i love the stripes you did.
You did well on that stocking! Very creative too!!! I would not be able to do that!! Also Adeline is so dang cute! I love this age, they are so fun! And pretty funny when they start talking.
hi nicole. Thanks for you comments. And I do remember you. You are all grown up and have such a cute family! Your little girl in darling. Thanks for the advice. I have already tried the chocolate milk and so far so good. I have laid off the sippy cup for now, will work on that later.
Thanks again, and I will have to check in on your family again.
Jonna
The bigger the better!! Who says it's too big? I don't see Adeline complaining and tell Abe....good answer ;-) I think it looks great.
Impressive knit work, Nicole! I love the little videos of Adeline, she's so cute. I can't wait to have one of my own!
What a great stocking. Lots of room for treats:) You are so crafty!! How are things going?? Do you know when you will be in Utah for the holidays? We go to IL the 18-27th...I hope we can catch you while you are here!
every child's dream is to have the biggest presents and apparently, now, the biggest stocking. So when exactly are you going to be in cali? let me know the dates and once you get here we'll meet up!
Post a Comment