Wednesday, April 13, 2016

What I miss about the States

I just found this little blurb I wrote about what I missed in the States. This was written when we still lived in Germany :) Funny the things you miss when living in a different Country!

-States are way more kid friendly
-Easy access to Bathrooms
-Ice
-Free refill and free water when going out to eat
-Quick laundry. Our European ones are TINY and they take 2 hours to wash and 2 hours to dry
-No language barrier. It is really odd being back in the US and being able to understand everyone's conversations. I find myself eavesdropping quite a bit because I am not used to being able to understand all the conversation going on around me. I am very comfortable now being an outcast of sorts and not being able to understand everything in Germany.
-You have all the conveniences in the States. I am always thinking of things I want to buy to do little activities with the girls or need something specific and it is extremely hard where we live in Germany. It drives me CRAZY. I feel like amazon is my best friend. I also love that there are so many things to do with the kids in the States. There are lots of museums, zoos, etc in the States. We don't even have an indoor mall where we live. Since it is gloomy and rainy almost all the time in Germany, it is really hard to get out and do stuff with the kids unless it is nice outside.
-Big Roads
-Cars not parking in the road where you are supposed to drive
-Closets

No comments: