Wednesday, April 13, 2016

NOVEMBER

Love watching the girls play with Anders

5Q4A0236

5Q4A0240

We decided to go on a hike up to the Crags the beginning of November because the weather was so nice and warm. Of course once we got way up into the mountains, it was actually really chilly and we came across a bunch of snow. We really wanted to make it to the very top because it is supposed to have cool rock formations and an amazing view of the Springs and Pikes Peak. The kids were fairly good sports hiking several miles, but unfortunately it was starting to get dark quickly and we didn't want to risk getting stuck up in the cold mountains, in the dark with all the kids. So only about a quarter mile away from the top, we had to turn around. It was good timing though because I felt like the kids barely made it back. Meika was exhausted and fell asleep in the ergo on my back. It was a fun little outing though!

5Q4A7919

5Q4A7921

5Q4A7926

5Q4A7933

5Q4A7939

5Q4A7940

5Q4A7951

5Q4A7958

5Q4A7974

IMG_8242

November park days

IMG_5871

In November my sisters and I all flew in to Utah to attend my Grandma Dofi's Birthday party. It was a nice getaway without kids for the weekend and I loved being with my sisters! On a not so great note, my back completely went out on Sunday just hours before I was supposed to go catch my flight to head back home. I literally couldn't move and was in the worst pain imaginable... I say that, but the last time I pulled my back out was much much worse!! My mom and sister was such great nurses and were trying to help move my body as carefully as possible into different positions that would help me. They also got a wood board and helped me to roll onto it since the bed was making my back feel even worse, but I couldn't move anywhere. My entire body was shaking uncontrollably, which was also making my back worse. It's crazy how one moment your back feels totally fine and then one weird movement slips your disc out and you become a vegetable. I couldn't get up to go to the bathroom, so I had my mom get me adult diapers because I had to go so bad. Of course once I got it one (thanks Sierra!..haha), I couldn't go either because it was too weird. I had to cancel my flight for two days out in hopes that my back would be well enough. I was totally skeptical, because when my back when out in Germany, I couldn't even walk for a week... let alone get on a plane and ride in a car!! By the end of that night, my back was still in horrible, horrible pain, but felt just enough better that I had my parents help me get to the bathroom with putting pretty much all my weight on their shoulders and barely tip toed in. After I went to the bathroom, they helped me tiptoe to a different bedroom with a firmer bed. Long story short, it was awful and horrible, but I was so grateful that my sister and my parents helped me so much. I did get on my plane two days later, but it was very very carefully. I had to be wheel chaired to my gate, because there is no way I could have made it. I was so worried about sitting on the plane, but luckily it was a really short flight and I tried to sit as tall and still as possible!

IMG_5884

Veteran's Day parade/celebration at the kids school

IMG_5890

IMG_5892

Neat picture of Dale from Vietnam
IMG_5900

Random November pictures

IMG_6003

IMG_5997

IMG_5990

IMG_5983

IMG_5980

Norah completely blossomed reading
IMG_5977


IMG_5973

IMG_5950

IMG_5945

IMG_5942

IMG_5940

Anders went through a little stage where he was climbing on EVERYTHING!!!
IMG_5920

We pretty much decided that we were going to stay home for Thanksgiving. I was a little depressed about it because no one was coming out and all of our friends here were busy or leaving town. The weather was supposed to be horrible to drive to Utah, so I bought a turkey, potatoes and a pumpkin pie and planned on doing it here. Early that morning, we looked at the weather when we got up and figured we would be ok if we drove i-70. We hurried and packed a couple things and headed to Utah! It was really short, but so fun to be with family (and a bunch of random people) on Thanksgiving! The kids were able to get some horse riding in, hot tubing, haircuts with Roni and a quick visit to Mt. Pleasant in the couple days we were there.

IMG_6006

IMG_6011

IMG_6025

IMG_6029

IMG_6032

IMG_6040

IMG_6046

IMG_6050

IMG_6051

IMG_6059

IMG_6061

IMG_6063

IMG_6071

IMG_6084

IMG_6083

**********************

Something I had written about the November 13th Terrorist attacks and want to remember:

Just this last Friday, Paris had attacks all over the city carried out by ISIS. Those cowards murdered over a hundred people and also blew themselves up. I am heartbroken. I love Paris and I have felt safe there the handful of times that we have visited. It just makes you realize that these kind of things can happen anywhere and we are so vulnerable. Right before we moved from Germany is when ISIS was getting pretty big. I was starting to feel a little bit anxious about it and I hated being so far from home if something really bad happened. I miss Germany all the time and still feel like part of me was left behind there. I miss people there, I miss the markets and I miss our little bubble. I dream of being back there sometimes. Right now though, I am feeling confirmation that we are supposed to be back in the USA and that this is where I wanted to be. With Paris being attacked only 4 hours from where we lived, and then a big ISIS raid where tons of ISIS members were arrested only minutes away from our base in Germany... I am feeling glad to be further.

***********************

I tried to write something I was thankful for everyday, but I didn't finish. I will at least document was I did write down!

Day 1
I am thankful for Nature and all the beauty that surrounds us. Today we went on a hike with the kids in the mountains and we truly live in a beautiful place.
Day 2
I am thankful for nice weather and the sun. I love that in Colorado the sun shines almost every single day.
Day 3
I am thankful for good friends. I had a dentist appointment this morning and was planning on bringing Anders with me. A good friend insisted that she take Anders for me so I didn't have to worry about him during my appointment.
Day 4
I am thankful that I can have a little side business and earn some extra money.
Day 5
I am thankful for my darling little kids. I took them to lunch at Chick-fil-a today and there was an older couple sitting right behind us. Before they left, they came over to our table and complimented how well behaved my kids were and that they were so impressed with them. I really do have such sweet, well behaved (most of the time) kids and I am so grateful to be their mom!
Day 6
I am thankful that I live so close to Utah, that I can take a one hour plane ride to get home for the weekend.
Day 7
I am thankful for my ancestors. I am thankful that both of my Grandma's are living and that my children are able to know their Great-Grandmas so well.

Day 8
I am grateful for my blood (family). They truly will do anything for me. I slipped my disc in my back and they stood by my side, helped me to breathe, held my body to try to calm my spasms, helped me to the bathroom, got me food, etc. I am forever grateful for them.

Day 9
I am thankful that I can walk and move (barely) on my own. It is crazy how little you are able to do for yourself after completely pulling out your back.

Day 10
I am thankful for such a loving, capable, helpful husband! Abe has taken on the role of mister mom the past 4+ days with no complaints, had to take a couple days off of work and has to deal with me being totally helpless. When I came limping home from Utah, Abe had been working on a yummy meal and had just gotten back from running the kids around to all their activities.

Day 11
I am thankful for our veterans. I'm thankful for those presently serving in the military and those that have served in the past. It is such a big sacrifice. I am thankful for my personal Veteran Abe and my father in law Dale who served in Vietnam.

Day 12
I am Thankful for friends. I have been blessed with some of the best friends wherever I go and am so thankful for that. One of my newer friends here dropped by tonight with some yummy dinner so that I wouldn't have to worry about it with my back issues.

Day 13
I am so thankful to be an American and live in the United States. Today there were deadly attacks in the heart of Paris. Well over 100 innocent people died and of course ISIS claimed responsibility for carrying out the attacks. I love Paris. I felt safe in Paris. I am completely heartbroken over what happened and I feel like the 2nd coming is getting closer and our world is turning more and more evil. As I am well aware that ISIS is in America, I do feel so much safer here in General and the Ocean between us helps :)

Day 14
My families health. As of now, every one has pretty good health in our family. Today, although still super fragile, my back feels SO much better. It is crazy how much you can't do when your back is not working right. So I am thankful that I am feeling better and that we don't have any major health struggles right now.

Day 17
I am thankful for snow and especially snow days! We got mounds of snow overnight the school and base were closed. It was nice being home together and relaxing (as much as we can with little kids).






No comments: