The girls only attended AFNORTH for about 2 months before we moved back to the States. Adeline's 2nd Grade Teacher was Ms. Dittmer and she was awesome and so sweet. Adeline so far has hit the jackpot with every single teacher she has ever had. Adeline thrived the two months that she attended this year. It was hard for me to pull her out for our move because she had a little bit of a hard time in first grade and then has had a hard time at her new school in Colorado Springs… although she is somewhat starting to feel more comfortable. I wasn't going to put Norah in the preschool program because it was ALL DAY and was the same exact hours as the rest of the school (K-12). I thought that was way too long for a preschooler to be at school. Abe talked me into sending her though since she would only be going for two months, I had a new baby and I was preparing for our move back to the States. I had heard HORRIBLE things about one of the teachers and told Abe that if Norah got her, I wasn't going to send her. Well guess what. Norah got her and even though I really didn't want to send her, Abe talked me into sending her! It was nice having her at school with Adeline and I could really focus on Meika, Anders and getting ready for our move. However, Norah's teacher (Mrs. Geilen-Rosenberg) was the worst teacher on the face of the earth. She was mean and demeaning toward the kids (and parents!) and was flat out a bully. Norah's preschool teacher from the year before confirmed how horrible Mrs. Geilen-Rosenberg was, but didn't think that Norah would have a problem because she favored girls and Norah was such a good, sweet student. To make a long story short, in the 2 months Norah was there, she went to time out two different times and for 30-45 minutes EACH!! Norah was devastated when it happened. Once was for going with a friend to the nurses office because her best friend got hurt at recess and the other time was for standing on a chair…. she is in PRESCHOOL for crying out loud!! Every day, Norah would come home with stories and tell me who went to time out and why. Luckily Norah is my kid that will tell me EVERYTHING, so I was grateful for that. Norah always tells her new teacher (Mrs. Rachel) stories about her really mean teacher!
On the girls last day of school, I did go talk to the school about Mrs. Geilen-Rosenberg and how awful she was. I wrote down several things that she did to both Norah and lots of other kids in her class. The school councilor was furious about how she was treating those kids… but who knows if anything will ever happen with that! The school councilor was really nice and told me that whatever I was doing at home with the girls was working (even though I can't take credit!). He said that Adeline was really popular at school and it was popular in a good way. He said that she always knows who the underdog is and is good to take them under her wing. He commented on how sweet she was to everyone and was just a really good kid. It made my heart so happy to hear that!!
Anyway, on to school pictures. We had quite a bit going on and I totally forgot about them! It's funny because on a normal day, I at least would make sure that the kids looked decent, their outfits matched and I would do their hair. On this particular day, both the kids were dressed crazy. Adeline was wearing a pink shirt with red sparkly leggings and her hair was a mess. Norah was wearing a white and blue flower dress with purple and pink striped leggings with pink socks and a light purple bow that she picked out. Who cares that ONE day, right!? Well when Adeline got home she mentioned they had school pictures and it happened to be both of their classes day for pictures (there were two days). Total mom fail right there! And of course they were both put on the front row. They both weren't upset about it though, so there could be worse things!!
No comments:
Post a Comment