We are lucky enough to have Adeline's school a couple blocks away from our new house. When we first got to Colorado Springs, Adeline was really excited to start school. We had her start about a week after we arrived and since we were in the hotel for about 6 weeks, I would just drive her the 20 minutes to and from school. Her new school has a pick up/ drop off line. The first couple weeks of school I just walked Adeline into the school to help her feel comfortable. On her first day of school, we told her that we would pick her up in the pick up line. She was excited about it and was ok with it. Little did we know that you have to be there extremely early to get in line if you don't want your kid waiting forever. We did get there right before the school bell rang, but were close to last in line. By the time we got to Adeline, she was in tears. She had gotten so worked up and worried that we had forgotten about her. Poor girl. We maybe did the pick up line a couple times after that, but not very often. I would mostly walk in to go meet her and then after awhile we have a meeting spot right outside of the school where she can walk right up to my car. Adeline had a pretty rough time going to school for awhile… and still has them every so often :) This has been a pretty hard change for her and a struggle for me. There were a couple times that I was in tears because I was so worried about her emotional well being with being in a new school, new environment and making new friends. I felt for her and it was killing me! Luckily her teacher Mrs. Bull is awesome and has been great for Adeline. Adeline is doing a little better about going to school, but she still says she hates school quite often. Not quite sure what to do about that. I feel like she should like school at her age! I think she has major FOMO and doesn't like that she is the only one going to school. Once Norah is in Kindergarten next year, I am anticipating that things will be a bit better. She also cries about missing Germany and her friends and school. Poor girl. I just love my determined, brave little Adeline. She is the perfect little student and makes me proud!
No comments:
Post a Comment