
There were so many cute little shops that we passed on the way to the town square, but I especially loved this one.


We loved watching the police officers on their horses

Once we made it to the square, we were able to see the Flower Carpet. It's amazing that it is made out of a bunch of live flowers.


I wanted to get a little higher up to get a better view of the Flower Carpet. One of the buildings that it said to go to online looked way too crowded, so I ended up going in the museum to the upper level and took some from there. I got pretty lucky because there were about 6 other people on the deck besides me and Adeline. After we left, we realized there was about a 2 hour line to get to the deck of the preferred building which wasn't any better. Glad we didn't take that recommendation!





We packed a lunch and brought it with us. It seemed almost impossible to find a place to sit and eat it with all the crowds. We finally found some good windowsills to sit on.

After lunch, we couldn't resist getting a belgian waffle. This picture doesn't do it justice. It was AMAZING.



Afterwards, we headed down to see the famous "Manneken Pis"


In just about every window and store on the street, there was something depicting the Manneken Pis


The streets were lined with chocolate and waffle stores one after another. I swear the streets smelled of chocolate and waffles. Mmmmm....

On our way out, we passed the Everard 't Serclaes Statue. There was a swarm of people around it rubbing it. Supposably it gives you good luck.

We only spent a handful of hours in the city and then called it a day. Luckily it is only about 2.5 hours from us and I am sure we will be returning again.
No comments:
Post a Comment