I wish I could just freeze the time. My life is flashing before my eyes and it is scary! We have been in Germany for almost 8 months and that is just unreal. I can honestly say that was the fastest 8 months so far in my life. Little Meika just turned 4 months old. I think that officially means she is a "baby" now. She has turned into a happy little thing and is a joy when she is awake and fed. She smiles so hard all the time and it is super contagious. Definitely my most smiley baby. She is not holding objects and playing with toys. She loves bathtime. LOVES her sisters... especially Adeline because Adeline pays special attention to Meika. A month or two ago she started sleeping about a 5-6 hour stretch at the beginning of the night and then would be up every 3-4 hours after that. Not sure what happened, but she has completely digressed and is now waking up every hour. Sometimes 2x and hour. I am completely sleep deprived. I can't even imagine what it would be like to get a semi decent nights sleep. The transition to 3 kids for me really has not been that bad. The sleep aspect is what KILLS ME! She used to scream while she would breastfeed, but no longer does that. I am thinking it is due to the fact that I begged the doctor to put her on Zantac. She is a little peanut, so we decided that we would start introducing rice cereal. We've only given it to her once so far and she just slurped a little bit.


I took her to the doctor today for her 4 month checkup and am super frustrated. For some reason, there is not a pediatrician on this base, so we have to see our family doctor (who is a young single guy). After the tech weighed and measured Meika, I waited in the room for the doctor FOREVER. I was thinking to myself, "I bet the doctor is on the computer trying to find answers for me since he has no idea....". When he walked in the room he said, "Sorry you had to wait so long, I was on the computer trying to find some answers for you"! Awww, so annoying. He (of course) is very concerned about her weight gain. She has only gained 11 ounces in one month. She is smaller than Adeline even was at this age... however she also started out smaller. I am pretty annoyed because I already dealt with this with both my other kids. MY KIDS ARE JUST SMALL! I would definitely be more worried if Meika never wanted to eat and wasn't eating enough, but she is!! She is also meeting all her milestones, is happy and looks healthy... just small. He wan't to talk to a pediatrician down at Spangdahlam AFB to get their opinion. She is wondering when/if he should get a nutritionist and a specialist involved. On top of all this, he didn't really even look at Meika which is the point of a well baby, right? I ASKED him to look at her ears to make sure she didn't have an ear infection and then he did listen to her heart. He never felt her soft spot, looked at refluxes, checked her diaper, eyes, etc. Once I left the doctors office to head home I realized on the 4 month old chart that she was supposed to get immunizations... yet he never told me!! I am pretty annoyed about the whole situation.
Here are Meika's 4 months stats:
10 lbs 11 ounces (0%) She's gained 11 ounces in one month
don't know her head or height (but know she is 50% for height?)
Meika also got her first haircut. Her hairstyle was just a little too crazy :)
Before


After
No comments:
Post a Comment