Sunday, June 10, 2012

Amsterdam


I am so behind on the blog is seems that these posts are old news and all out of order, but that's ok Several weeks ago Abe's friend Rick from Boston and his girlfriend were making a stop in Amsterdam when they were traveling Europe and had us meet up with them for the day. We are in such a great location because there are some really cool places not too far away. Amsterdam is about 2.5 hours away from where we live. So we set off early in the morning to go and meet them. This was our first time going and probably our last time driving into the city. We paid 5E per hour ($7 per hour), so ended up paying $42 for parking. Oh well, we are learning :)

The city was so walkable and I thought it was really pretty. Probably the dirtiest city I have been to thus far though, which is a shame. Paris was way cleaner.

Photobucket


Just some random dutch clog
Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Rick being Rick. He was a good sport and actually volunteered to push the stroller throughout the day.
Photobucket


Adeline and her gymnastics moves all over the city.
Photobucket


Photobucket


The city is full of bridges and canals. I loved the bikes everywhere lining the bridges.
Photobucket


All 4 of us with the famous sign... minus Meika. She was asleep in the stroller.
Photobucket


Taking a break in the shade because we were dying of heat.
Photobucket


These two were hot and restless, so did this the entire time in the stroller
Photobucket


Happy baby.
Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Anne Frank House. Couldn't do it with all 3 kids. I'm sure we will be back there again and can go inside!
Photobucket

Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


The day was ended with some much needed ice cream to cool us off!
Photobucket


Photobucket

1 comment:

heidi smart said...

I love that you really get around!