Sunday, April 22, 2012

Trier, Germany

Last weekend we decided to go on a last minute trip. Our first stop was Trier, Germany which is the oldest city in Germany. I LOVED this city. The city was bustling (but wasn't too terribly crowded), music was playing in the town square, ice cream shops everywhere, bright buildings, etc. Wouldn't mind going back again. The weather was absolutely perfect and the girls were awesome. Amphitheatre- I was really looking forward to seeing this. Unfortunately it had closed about 15 minutes before we got there. I was able to sneak one little picture through the front gate. Oh well. I'm sure we will visit again at some point.
Hauptmarkt- Trier's main marketplace. Tons of cute buildings, TONS of ice cream shops and great shopping.
Just some German nuns
Trier Palace
The palace grounds... not sure what is up with the posing
Imperial Roman Baths
Yummy fried balls with sugar on them. SOOOO good
Can't remember what this was....
St. Peter's Cathedral
Market Fountain
Another picture of the main square
Black Gate (Porta Nigra). Pretty awesome entrance into the city.

After all our adventures for the day, we sat down outside at a little pasta place. When we were finishing up, I decided to feed Meika. I went to go and burp her and she projectile vomited over my shoulder about a foot and onto the ground. A poor single guy was sitting right next to me at a table and was staring at her right when it happened. I have never seen such a disgusted face in my life. It was priceless. Abe and I got a good laugh. After we finished up, we got in the car and drove to our hotel in Luxembourg. More on our Luxembourg adventures in my next post!

2 comments:

Thomas said...

I miss those girls! Can't wait to see all of you,

Creel Family said...

What a beautiful place! Love Adeline's pose : ) You look amazing! Can't tell you ever had a baby and your hair is gorgeous!