Monday, November 14, 2011

Nemur, Belgium & Martinstag

On Saturday we decided to do a little day trip to Nemur, Belgium, which is about an 1.5 car ride. We went to the Citadelle de Nemur, which was one of the largest fortresses in Europe. Unfortunately we were not able to make one of the tours of the inside of the castle, but were able to walk around and take a train ride tour of the grounds. The girls loved riding on the train and didn't want to get off of it once the tour was over. The castle grounds were amazing and pretty views of the city below it.












After we spent time at the Citadelle, we went down into the town of Nemur. I was so mad that I forgot my camera for this part because it was so neat. We ended up in a busy shopping area with lots of stores, music playing and neat buildings. We walked around, got some deli sandwiches and ate them out in the town square by some water fountains.

Saturday night, we met up with the Guesthouse owners which consist of a husband and wife and their parents. We all walked to the main part of the town together and met up with the parade that was marching through the town. The parade was led by a man on a horse (St. Martin). The parade consisted of a bunch of kids walking with their store bought or handmade lanterns. Adeline's lantern broke in the wind right away, so we gave her Norah's and gave Norah the little light that was supposed to be in Adeline's lantern. They both loved holding their lights and walking in the parade. The parade finished at the fire station where all the adults got Hot Chocolate or hot wine and the kids stood in line to meet St. Martin and get a big goody bag. They each got a bag with a loaf of bread shaped as St. Martin, chocolates, fruit and nuts.











{had to post this video of Norah's voice saying the prayer (repeating it)}


We have now been living out of our suitcases for 7 weeks, which just seems crazy to me. I am getting a little sick having to wear the same stuff over & over again, and miss not having random things around (like spices, or arts & crafts stuff, specific toys for the kids, etc.) but it hasn't been too bad. We get to move into our house in 13 days, but who's counting? I was SUPPOSED to get my car on Thursday, but just found out today that the vessel had to be repaired and is at least one week late. A big bummer to me as I have been holding off signing Adeline up for anything until I can provide transportation or just get out of the house when I want to. Hopefully the next couple of weeks will fly by and we will be in our house before we know it! I also saw my doctor again. He had me come in for fetal monitoring and another ultrasound because my baby was measuring small. The monitoring was normal and the baby is somehow measuring right on time now. They do ultrasounds at every single appointment and it is on the high tech 4D machine. It was so cute watching the baby yawn over and over again and he got some pretty good pictures for me. Crazy how fast the time is flying!

3 comments:

Thomas said...

I miss you guys! Those loaves of bread are amazing.
Mom

Campbell Family said...

Seriously Nicole, what an amazing life you are living right now. SOOO amazing. I still can't believe you are pregnant! It feels like it was just yesterday that I guessed it out of you :)

Thomas said...

I miss those little worms.. much love Dad