
We really have done nothing exciting. The good thing though is that we are making progress. Last week I took my German driver's license test and I passed. That was a big relief as I totally underestimated how hard the exam was going to be. IF there are active duty military guy/girls taking the test with you, apparently they go over all the hardest questions before the test so you won't get them wrong. When I took the test, I took it with two other spouses and they did not help us at all of course. 2 of us passed and one failed :( Another big thing is that Abe finally got his car that we bought and we are no longer relying on other people for transportation! He got a used Euro spec BMW that he can have fun with for the next handful of years while we are here. My car is supposed to be here in 8 more days and I am crossing my fingers that it will. Every time I check the status online it says that it is still on the ocean carrier. It better be here soon! Abe started work a week ago and it was really sad for me. He got to be with us all day every day for several weeks and we got a little spoiled. Now that he is gone all day, we are just hanging out at the house, jumping on the tramp if the weather permits and going to a park down the street just about every day. We are pretty limited as of what we can do since we are in the country and stuck without a car all day. Not that I am counting down or anything, but we have 19 more days until we can move into our house! Let's just hope our household goods arrive before then!!
A little about the German parks. They are SO MUCH BETTER than parks in America. It isn't just a plastic play structure with some slides and a couple swings. There are some slides, but there are also all sorts of cool teeter totters, rocking things, spinning things, zip lines, etc.








When we aren't outside on the trampoline or at the park, we are stuck inside and they have been screaming, fighting, hitting... you name it. I think I am going a little, or a lot, nuts. They have played really well together, and they have also been great enemies. They have never shared a room before, but they have been sharing the entire time we have been here which makes bedtime quite interesting. Most nights Adeline is screaming and yelling that she is just not sleepy and that it is NOT fun going to bed. She throws a fit and screams in her bed. Norah stays pretty quiet and then once we leave the room we can hear her stand up and start bugging Adeline. "Adeline, hey Adeline! Adeline, Adeline, Adeline....." Then Adeline will yell, "I can't go to bed! She is too annoying!" It's quite entertaining. I would like to say they are getting better and more used to yet, but they probably aren't.
{Here they are making a bunk bed made out of a shelf, to play house in}

Norah has seemed to grow up a lot since we have moved here. She is VERY good at nap time. We can reason with her more and she seems to get it. She is still talking like crazy and says anything and everything. She is also pretty clear at speaking and almost anyone can understand her. There aren't as many baby swings here, so she has been swinging in a big girl swing. It about made my heart stop when she first did it, but she is really good at it now. She has also been asking quite a bit to wear Adeline's panties. We let her several times just since she asked and it was not pretty. She would pee in them right away, or poop which wasn't fun. So I immediately would put her back in a diaper. The other day after a bath, she was getting out a demanded to go on the potty. I put her on and sure enough she went. She asked for "Adeline's panties" and I ended up letting her. She told me when she had to go potty the ENTIRE DAY and didn't have one accident. I was so proud of her. Yesterday was day 2 and she did have one pretty disgusting accident, but was solid the rest of the day. Today has gone pretty well.... one more disgusting accident, but other than that she tells me when she needs to go. I even took her outside for a long time with her panties on. I was not going to push potty training for at least another month and knew that realistically she may not be trained before the baby comes since she is so young. But she is doing so well and I am crossing my fingers she will continue to have the desire and progress.

7 comments:
they are soooooooo big..... and soooooo cute... I live both their sassiness .. miss you
Norah is looking so grown-up...and potty training already, that's awesome!! I hope it continues to go well, how nice would that be to have just your baby in diapers! Ingi shows lots of interest but she has to go SO often that I find myself encouraging diapers, probably something I'll regret. And I have playground envy of those Germany playgrounds, wish we could go to one with you - miss you!
Those playgrounds do sound WAY better. Glad you're making progress in so many ways.
Great pictures at the park! Good for Norah taking naps and potty training! Don't go back to diapers now, the hardest part is over!
Thanks for the invite! Glad you're making progress!
Those parks are exactly like the ones I grew up with in my youth. I think it is sad that those parks are gone in the US. Can't wait to come see you soon!
Mom
I can't get over how old Norah looks!! When did that happen, geez!? Norah and adeline sound like you and me when we were little - best friends and best enemies! :)
Post a Comment