Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Adeline's first day of school



Adeline missed her first couple days of preschool since we were in Utah, so she started last Friday. She has the same teachers as last year... Mrs. Waekling (used to be Ms. Kelley but she got married) and Mrs. Brickley). Adeline also has a handful of kids in her class that she is friends with or knows. She loved school last year too even from the beginning, but didn't talk to the teachers or socialize very much with the other kids because she was so shy. This year is quite different. She is very comfortable since she knows some of the kids, her teachers and is in the classroom across the hall from last year. Adeline loves it so far. Apparently some people may think it is rude of me for putting her in preschool when she will only be there for 5 weeks since she is "taking up a spot", but she loves it and it is nice for her to have an activity every morning. Plus I have a little time in the morning to get more done. Today after I dropped Adeline off at school, Norah and I went walking all around base for the 2.5 hours. I did stop for 15 minutes at the commissary to pick up groceries and about 15 minutes at home to drop them off, but it was really nice to get some sort of exercise. I am started to freak out a little bit with the move coming up and the big changes that lie ahead. Our first shipment goes out tomorrow... hopefully I can do a blog update :)



3 comments:

Meg said...

She is a cutie! And you are so not rude for putting in her preschool until you move - I would do the exact same thing, sounds like she's enjoying it more than some kid who might otherwise have her spot anyway :) It was so good to see you guys when you were in Utah, good luck with all the big upcoming changes!

Campbell Family said...

She's so dang cute. I'm sad I couldn't go up to the cabin with you guys :( Tell those people to get over it (you taking a spot) - that's life! People move and she still needs to go to school! Scheesh!

Amanda Waite said...

Adorable!!! You look too skinny to be pregnant!!
xoxo