This week has been INSANE. The moving company came on Monday to start packing and moving our stuff. They ended up running out of paper and some boxes, so weren't able to get too much done and had to leave early. On Tuesday they came back to finish up the job. It was so unorganized and crazy. Instead of packing up each room and then moving, they would randomly pack things and then move them out to the crates. They packed my entire kitchen up, but would leave one drawer full of stuff, and then other kitchen items out. Why not pack them with the rest of the kitchen stuff? I guess that would be too easy. An inspector on base stopped by and instructed the company that they weren't allowed to use 2 of the 6 crates they brought due to a bunch of mold. GREAT! They ended up bringing a moving truck and throwing a bunch of our stuff in there once they filled the 4 useable crates. They were even throwing random items into the back of the moving truck by themselves and untagged. When it started getting late in the evening, the moving truck had to leave since the lights didn't work. They still had more boxes and furniture (and random items they didn't pack up), so they had to pack them into one of the moldy crates they were not supposed to use. They told me that the next day they would take all the stuff they put in the moving truck and in the moldy crate and pack them into other crates. They didn't end up leaving until about 8:30pm. Apparently once they did pack all our stuff in the crates, they ended up with 11. I have no idea what they packed into those crates, because we only saw 5 of them actually be packed and they did not have 6 more crates worth of stuff. It will be really interesting to see what we end up seeing again and what condition it will be in. They pretty much only wrapped everything in paper; even our nice wood furniture.
Wednesday and Thursday pretty much consisted of priming and cleaning my house. I spent about 10 hours there on Wednesday and about 4.5 hours yesterday. I was so sick of that house!! Abe even walked in while I was cleaning and said, " I am so glad we don't live here anymore!" It's funny because we really do not like our house at all. We had neighbors on both sides of us and they were both so LOUD. It doesn't help that they were old and all wood floors. I hated hearing one of our neighbors dogs start barking at 6am EVERYDAY!
On Tuesday night we "moved in" to my friend Katy's house. I am so lucky to have found such a good friend here. I don't know what I am going to do without her! She practically watched my kids all week during this craziness and is totally fine with us all crashing at her house. Adeline is absolutely loving it. Before she went to bed last night she said, "I always want to go to Mary's house and play with her everyday. Now I get to play with her ALL DAY LONG!!". She hasn't been sad about leaving our house at all. She was a little mad when the movers were there. She got to come home a couple times during the commotion and she kept saying, "I'm just so mad about this!", or "Germany is NOT fun!". She was having issues with them packing up some of her stuff. Once all our stuff was gone, Norah was running from room to room saying, "Where did mommy's bed go?" "Where did Norah's bed go?" "Where did Adeline's bed go?"
Last night we got sitters for our kids and went out for Hibachi and got some cheesecake from the Cheesecake Factory. It was such a nice reward for such a crazy, emotional week. We loved being able to spend more time with Katy and Jason too by going on a double date. Only problem was that I ate so much food that I felt super sick all night because my belly hurt so bad. It even hurt a little bit when I woke up this morning.
We have about 11 more days left and we will be on our way to Germany. Things have been so insane that I really can't wrap my head around it all. For my own sanity I have just been focusing day to day :)
5 comments:
Oh.my.gosh. I can't believe how crazy things are for you. Wish I could have come out to help you scrub your house down (on second thought, wish I could have come out there and convince tight wad Abe to pay for a cleaning service)!! You poor thing. I'm sorry things are so up in the air right now. You'll look back one day and laugh about it, I'm sure. Hang in there! Miss you!!
Nicole you are a trooper! Seriously you are amazing to be doing all this with two little girls, baby on the way, and moving across the world!! Your my hero! Too bad that long gone are the stress free days working at Firehouse! Good luck with you move, and I hope all will go smoothly for you guys!
I can't believe how close you guys are to moving to Germany!! How crazy! But I bet you will be relieved to finally get there and have all this anticipation / work behind you. You're amazing!!
Did you take pictures of everything? I would be pretty worried about whether or not I would see all of my stuff again....and the condition. It will be interesting to see what you get! I hope, for your sake, that everything gets there just fine and you won't have to worry about anything. Sounds like a crazy time. At least it will be over with in the next month or so....hopefully! :) I SO wish our life could get back to normal, but we still have at least until next summer, if not longer.
Thanks so much for having me out Nicole! I had such a blast with you, Abe, and the girls. And thanks for posting the photos--I didn't take ONE picture. Doh. I'm glad the first half of the moving process is done and you guys are out of that house! You're such a rockstar to be balancing all that you are. Can't wait to visit you in Germany. Xo
Post a Comment